Home » Other » Client Tools » Installation of Oracle SQL Developer hangs (Windows XP 32 bit, SQL Developer 4.0.0 32 bit)
Installation of Oracle SQL Developer hangs [message #607203] Mon, 03 February 2014 13:56 Go to next message
groentas
I've installed Oracle Express 12 without problems.
When trying to install SQL Developer, it hangs after about 10%.
It's now about 10 hours since I started the installation, and nothing happens.
/forum/fa/11658/0/
First I thought it could be performance, so I've stopped Picasa, freed disk space and run disk defragmentation.
I've looked for log files without luck.

I've installed the programs on another PC with Vista home premium 32 bit without problems.

Any sugestions would be nice.

Re: Installation of Oracle SQL Developer hangs [message #607204 is a reply to message #607203] Mon, 03 February 2014 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thatjeffsmith

Kick it off from the bin subdirectory and see if any error messages are written to the console/command window.

You might want to nuke any SQL Developer 4 application data directory files in case it got corrupted somehow.
Re: Installation of Oracle SQL Developer hangs [message #607393 is a reply to message #607204] Wed, 05 February 2014 08:03 Go to previous message
groentas
Since this is Windows, I'm not able to remove the executing file. I'm able to rename and move it, but that has no effect.

I've tried several other things with no effet:
    Disconnecting internett and turn off firewall and antivirus while installing
    Remove and install Oracle Express again
    Stop the Oracle Express process while installing
Previous Topic: SQL plus query result display
Next Topic: DEFINE VARIABLES and AMPERSAND
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:34:50 CDT 2024