Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Delete Multiple Records (Windows Oracle Developer 6i.)
Delete Multiple Records [message #606446] Fri, 24 January 2014 00:21 Go to next message
whmemon

Dear Folks,

Attached is my designed form & below is my code on delete button.

The problem is that 1 or more less records are deleted from selected, i.e when i select 5 record 3 records are deleted, when i select 2 records 1 record is delete. but when i select one record definately 1 record deleted.

Please help.

BEGIN
GO_BLOCK('CASEDISCHARGE_vu');
First_Record;
LOOP
IF :CASEDISCHARGE_vu.CHECK = 'Y' THEN
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('CASEDISCHARGE_vu', DELETE_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_TRUE);
DELETE_RECORD;
END IF;
Exit when :System.Last_Record = 'TRUE';
Next_Record;
END LOOP;
commit;
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('CASEDISCHARGE_vu', DELETE_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_FALSE);
set_block_property('CASEDISCHARGE_VU',DEFAULT_WHERE,'CAUSELISTMID='||:GLOBAL.CAUSELISTMID);
GO_BLOCK('CASEDISCHARGE_VU');
EXECUTE_QUERY;
END;

Thanks
Waseem
  • Attachment: disch.png
    (Size: 46.60KB, Downloaded 796 times)
Re: Delete Multiple Records [message #606468 is a reply to message #606446] Fri, 24 January 2014 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Code looks OK to me (or I don't see what might be causing what you described), unless DEFAULT_WHERE doesn't return what you expected. Just to test it, remove SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY and issue EXECUTE_QUERY right after the loop.

As you're on 6i, put MESSAGE calls into this trigger so that you could follow its execution. Hopefully, you'll find what causes the problem.
Re: Delete Multiple Records [message #606513 is a reply to message #606468] Sat, 25 January 2014 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whmemon

Resolved.

else condition was missing.

Updated code as follows.

Thanks for response.

IF :CASEDISCHARGE_vu.CHECKED = 1 THEN
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('CASEDISCHARGE_vu', DELETE_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_TRUE);
DELETE_RECORD;
ELSE
Next_Record;	
END IF;
Re: Delete Multiple Records [message #606529 is a reply to message #606513] Sat, 25 January 2014 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That doesn't make much sense. If IF statement failed (i.e. returned FALSE), the current record wasn't deleted so statements that follow IF were executed: first it was the EXIT (which checks whether you're on the last record, and does nothing until you really ARE on the last record), and the next line is NEXT_RECORD.

So, how did that "updated code" work properly, as opposed to what you've had earlier?
Re: Delete Multiple Records [message #606560 is a reply to message #606529] Sun, 26 January 2014 23:35 Go to previous message
whmemon

Yes Littlefoot, Its working fine.

Previous Topic: use of $$DBDATETIME$$ at other than initial value
Next Topic: CONCEAL_DATA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:20:46 CDT 2024