Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » while inserting one record, other 5 records are also getting updated
while inserting one record, other 5 records are also getting updated [message #606261] Tue, 21 January 2014 14:52 Go to next message
nkumar0130
Hi,
I am having a tabular block which is based on a table.the size of block is only 5 rows.
So while inserting a new record then other 5 records are also getting updated(only the who columns are getting updated).
The same thing is happening while updating a record. If I am updating a record other 5 are also getting updated.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.
Re: while inserting one record, other 5 records are also getting updated [message #606278 is a reply to message #606261] Wed, 22 January 2014 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Stop updating other 5 records, if you don't want them to be updated /forum/fa/3314/0/

I guess that you are not doing that manually (updating 5 records, I mean), so it must be some trigger that fires and does that. Investigate which one is it and fix the problem.
Re: while inserting one record, other 5 records are also getting updated [message #606305 is a reply to message #606261] Wed, 22 January 2014 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nkumar0130
Before i was doing it manually but now i removed the on-Update trigger from the block.But still it is updating the other five record while inserting and updating one record.
I checked all the triggers but didnt got any solution.
Do you have nay further suggestion to stop updating the other five records.
Re: while inserting one record, other 5 records are also getting updated [message #606306 is a reply to message #606305] Wed, 22 January 2014 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
It's the same suggestion - find the code that's modifying the records and fix it.
Try running the form in debug mode to see what triggers are firing.
You could also use messages to display :system.record_status and use that to work out when the records status goes from QUERIED to CHANGED.

And you should never need an on-update trigger.
Re: while inserting one record, other 5 records are also getting updated [message #606307 is a reply to message #606305] Wed, 22 January 2014 03:25 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Which Forms version do you use? If it is 10g (or above), run the form in debug mode. If lower (6i), you'll have a lot of work to find the culprit (by including MESSAGE calls into every trigger you have ... what a tedious job, with a doubtful outcome!).

If it is not ON-UPDATE, then it is something else.

Which item(s) are changed? All of them or some of them? Try to search PL/SQL code in your form (in 10g, it is under Edit menu, "Find and replace PL/SQL ..." and search for item's name that gets changed.
Previous Topic: cursor for loop returns all records
Next Topic: wcu-015: your form must contain the following bean for this function to be available : oracle.forms.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:54:26 CDT 2024