Home » Other » General » Tool for ER-Like Diagram (Oracle DB
icon5.gif  Tool for ER-Like Diagram [message #604723] Fri, 03 January 2014 07:58 Go to next message
Hello All,

I have two schemas A and B. Both are on same database running on Oracle I have 3 tables in A from where I am loading data into B into one table. To do so I am using a simple SQL Query. After providing all the grants and after creating the required synonyms, I am able to run the query and it is inserting the correct records into the target table in B.
Now, I would like to generate a diagram of this operation. I am in serious need of a easy to use tool which can be used to create a diagram showing this data flow with details like which columns are getting selected from A to B by my SQL Query.

Kindly advice if there are any such tools available.

For any queries, kindly reply.

Best Regards,

[Updated on: Fri, 03 January 2014 07:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tool for ER-Like Diagram [message #604724 is a reply to message #604723] Fri, 03 January 2014 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>Kindly advice if there are any such tools available.
I am not aware of any such tool.

said SQL does not have to reside within the database & even if it did reside within the database said tool would have to parse every SQL in order to produce desired results.
Re: Tool for ER-Like Diagram [message #604898 is a reply to message #604724] Sun, 05 January 2014 20:24 Go to previous message
Oracle's SQL Developer Data Modeller apparently has some kind of Data Flow Diagram capability. I have not looked into it yet myself, but from what I have read it sounds appropriate, although I doubt it would display at the column level. You could reverse engineer the tables into the model and then create the data flow manually. Try it out.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: SAP Training in Chennai
Next Topic: login and password forgotten in oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 04 15:07:05 CDT 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.35899 seconds