Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page (oracle 10g)
can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604223] Thu, 26 December 2013 07:23 Go to next message
jgjeetu

can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page , please help
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604229 is a reply to message #604223] Thu, 26 December 2013 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Hi Jgeetu brother how are you hope good there are two suggestion for this question

Maybe you have to call it a "tabbed" canvas rather than a "stacked" canvas I think it will work for you to display that at an X and Y position other than the default position (0,0) so that a portion of the main canvas is still visible above your tabbed canvas. You may have to do a "show_canvas..." command in the when-new-form-instance trigger if your tabbed canvas is not displayed by default.

--------------------------------

2nd Answers for the tab-page questions

1.You can try to use the 'set_canvas_property'-builtin. However i suppose the same applies here as with the 2nd point below regarding the active item move to a neutral field
(e.g. on a toolbar) first.
SET_CANVAS_PROPERTY('canvasname', TOPMOST_TAB_PAGE, 'tabpagename'); 

2. You have to move the cursor out of the canvas first so the right sequence of commands should be

go_block('emp');
hide_view('stackcanvasname');

Oracle does not allow a canvas to be hidden as long as the cursor is in an item on that canvas.

Regard
Mughal
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604231 is a reply to message #604229] Thu, 26 December 2013 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

hmmm not getting right now , kinldy make changes in the fmb file that i have attached
just go to adminpanel tab page and create vertical canvas there .
i will try to understand throgh that .
Thanks
  • Attachment: callform.fmb
    (Size: 636.00KB, Downloaded 1468 times)
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604243 is a reply to message #604231] Thu, 26 December 2013 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
unfortunately right now i don't have form10g env. due to virus in my PC i removed each & everything anywayz let me install first form 10g first, I would let you know as soon as possible
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604246 is a reply to message #604243] Thu, 26 December 2013 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear take example fmb calling stack canvas specially concentrate, How i have Set X AND Y Position.

feel free for any further query

Regard
mughal
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604247 is a reply to message #604246] Thu, 26 December 2013 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
take screen shots

Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604248 is a reply to message #604247] Thu, 26 December 2013 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
screen shot first start
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604249 is a reply to message #604248] Thu, 26 December 2013 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
little more detail about canvases:

Canvases

Window:
Window is a container for all visual objects that make up a form application.
Window performs functionality such as scrolling, moving and resizing.
A single form may include several windows.
Each window should have at least one content canvas.
Each new form module has one predefined window which is called Window1 and is a modeless window.

Canvas:
Canvas is a surface inside a window on which visual objects can be placed.
A canvas is assigned to a window.
Each item in a form must refer to not more then one canvas.

View port:
View port is a visible portion of canvas.

MDI (Multiple Document Interface):
MDI is a parent window through which multiple documents can be accessed and browsed.

Types of Windows:
1) Modal Window
2) Modeless Window

Modal Window:
Modal window is a restricted window that requires a window exit before moving to another window. You cannot move freely between windows.

Modeless Window:
Modeless window is an unrestricted window that the user can move freely. User can have simultaneously access to more than one window.

Types of Canvases:
1) Content Canvas
2) Stacked Canvas
3) Toolbar Canvas
a) Vertical Toolbar
b) Horizontal toolbar
4) Tab Canvas

Content Canvas:
Content canvas is a base canvas and is a default canvas type.
Content canvas occupies the entire content area of the window.
More then one content canvas can be assigned to the same window but only one content canvas can be displayed on a window at a time.
To display more then one content canvas at the same time, assign each content canvas to a different window.

Stacked Canvas:
Stacked canvas is displayed on top of the content canvas and is usually small in size then that of content canvas in the same window.
To convert an existing content canvas to a stacked canvas, simply change its canvas type property from content to stacked.
To show and hide canvases programmatically, use the SHOW_VIEW, HIDE_VIEW and SET_VIEW_PROPERTY built-ins.
Stacked canvas is useful to display additional information, for hiding information and can act as a scrolling view.

Toolbar Canvas:
Toolbar canvas is used to create toolbar for individual window.
Toolbar canvas is of two types: Vertical and Horizontal toolbar canvases.
Vertical Toolbar canvas is displayed to the left of a content canvas.
Horizontal Toolbar canvas is displayed at the top of a content canvas.
Toolbar canvas is used to hold buttons and other frequently used GUI elements.
Toolbar canvas increases application usability and decrease form module maintenance Time.
Object Navigator window has both horizontal and vertical toolbars where as Property Palette has a horizontal toolbar only.
You can also create more than one toolbar for the same window.
MDI Toolbar: Attaching a Toolbar to a form provides a MDI toolbar, so that there is no need to create more than one toolbar for a form application that uses multiple windows.
Toolbar can be attached to individual windows or to the form itself.

Tab Canvas:
Tab canvas enables the user to organize and display data on separate Tabs.
Tab canvas is displayed on top of the Content Canvas.
Each Tab canvas is made up of one or more Tab pages and must have at least one.
Each Tab page occupies an equal amount of space on Tab canvas.
Any Item you place on a Tab canvas has a Canvas property as well as Tab page Property.
The ordering of Tab pages in the object navigator determines the left-to-right or Top-To-bottom order of the Tabs at runtime.
Tab canvas provides easy access to data and displays large amount of data on a single Canvas and is also used to hide information.

http://ouritblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/canvases-in-oracle-forms.html

Regard
Mughal

[Updated on: Thu, 26 December 2013 16:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604280 is a reply to message #604247] Fri, 27 December 2013 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

no that's not what i want , i have already doen this for tabpage named "ABOUT"
my requirement is i want to show vertical toolbar on "ADMINPANEL" tabpage
in that toolbar i want to create few pushbuttons for execute,next_record,previous_record etc
check the screenshot:-
/forum/fa/11495/0/
Thanks
  • Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    (Size: 169.80KB, Downloaded 5199 times)
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604282 is a reply to message #604280] Fri, 27 December 2013 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear your question was different anywayz, you want to display vertical toolbar only on "ADMINPANEL" or should display with all tab pages?

Regard
Mughal

Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604283 is a reply to message #604282] Fri, 27 December 2013 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
jgjeetu, that colorful screenshot displays a horizontal toolbar-to-be, but you constantly name it "vertical". So, which one is it, really? You know,

horizontal

vs.

v
e
r
t
i
c
a
l
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604284 is a reply to message #604283] Fri, 27 December 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Yes Sir @littlefoot is right

vertical toolbar is like this IN the PICTURE

Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604285 is a reply to message #604284] Fri, 27 December 2013 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear i think acomplished this tasked check this "STACKED" will active when you will click on "EMP" TAB PAGE otherwise "STACKED" will HIDE and you can make this also "HORIZONTAL"

WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE----TRIGGER

SET_VIEW_PROPERTY('c1', visible, property_false);

WHEN-TAB-PAGE-CHANGED----TRIGGER

IF :SYSTEM.TAB_NEW_PAGE ='EMP' THEN

SET_VIEW_PROPERTY('c1', visible, property_true);
else

end if;

Regard
Mughal

Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604286 is a reply to message #604285] Fri, 27 December 2013 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
take this fmb file
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604305 is a reply to message #604283] Sat, 28 December 2013 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

YEAH THAT WAS BY MISTAKE , HAVE NOT WORKED MORE WITH HORIZONTAL N VERTICAL TOOLBAR Sad
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604306 is a reply to message #604305] Sat, 28 December 2013 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear this is 100% Tested file how it is possible see screen shots as well what problem you are facing now.

Regard
Mughal
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604308 is a reply to message #604306] Sat, 28 December 2013 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

Mughal bro, i gave reply to @littlefoot
n the file is not working , i mean when i navigate to emp tabpage it doesnt show any toolbar
you can check.
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604309 is a reply to message #604308] Sat, 28 December 2013 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
but Dear as i told you i checked this file successfully you can see in the screen shot i don't know what problem you are facing i put this solution to "global Forum" they also approved this solution.

Regard
Mughal
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604315 is a reply to message #604309] Sat, 28 December 2013 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

file works or not doesn't matter, the main thing is the concept that i got through the codings inside the .fmb file Smile
Thanks
Now please provide solution to this one also http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/190871/
the fmb file is same i.e callform.fmb

[Updated on: Sat, 28 December 2013 05:27]

Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604331 is a reply to message #604315] Sat, 28 December 2013 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear i forgot that you are using forms 10g Cool

here is a forms 10g solution same but you have to add only go_item('empno');

WHEN-TAB-PAGE-CHANGED----trigger

IF :SYSTEM.TAB_NEW_PAGE ='EMP' THEN

GO_ITEM('EMPNO');
  SET_VIEW_PROPERTY('c1', visible, property_true);

else

end if;

Here is a .FMB file ORACLE FORMS 10G

Cool
Regard
Mughal
Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 28 December 2013 14:45]

Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604332 is a reply to message #604331] Sat, 28 December 2013 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
here is screen shot
Re: can we create horizontal/vertical canvas on tab canvas page [message #604432 is a reply to message #604331] Mon, 30 December 2013 10:58 Go to previous message
jgjeetu

thanks i used your idea for "ABOUT" tabpage , Now No need to click on Close button, Now i can freely navigate to any tabpage without closing Stackcanvas window Laughing Cool
Previous Topic: How to create a news bar using Forms 6i
Next Topic: Forms Cannot Connect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:05:52 CDT 2024