Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('DYNAMIC ITEM ID',PROPERTY,VALUE) (Oracle Forms 6i)
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('DYNAMIC ITEM ID',PROPERTY,VALUE) [message #604179] Wed, 25 December 2013 09:30 Go to next message
yesh
Hi all .
Is it possible to pass the Item_id dynamically to the SET_ITEM_PROPERTY?

normally we pass it like SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('Item_id',property,value);
item_id is within single quotes ('item_id')
but if we pass some variable say 'M_DAY' which will have item_id's, will it work. I didn't try it yet. Thought i could get some feedback here before proceeding.
Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('DYNAMIC ITEM ID',PROPERTY,VALUE) [message #604180 is a reply to message #604179] Wed, 25 December 2013 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepakmannazhi

Hai,
Yes, You can dynamically pass item names.

Here is a sample, you can use your own way. Here I'm passing the item name in one text field, and label value in another text field. And changing dynamically.

set_item_property(:CTRL_BLK.TXT2,label, :CTRL_BLK.TXT3);

Regards
Deepak
  • Attachment: prop.png
    (Size: 12.77KB, Downloaded 1135 times)
Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('DYNAMIC ITEM ID',PROPERTY,VALUE) [message #604182 is a reply to message #604180] Wed, 25 December 2013 12:45 Go to previous message
yesh
Thank you.. it worked out.
Previous Topic: Difference between When-New-Record-Instance and pre-record trigger
Next Topic: Saving problem while moving from database block to non database block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:17:32 CDT 2024