Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form (Oracle Forms 10g)
From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603693] Wed, 18 December 2013 08:56 Go to next message
megha2525
Hi,

I am trying to develop a query find form based.
There are two data blocks - Master block and detail block for a particular invoice.
But I have to limit the data based on start_date and end_date that the user enters , and clicks find button.

Control_blk:
So I created another block called control block that has start_date , end_date and find button. Start date and end date are non database columns
On the find button , I put a when _button_pressed trigger.
go_block('INVOICE_BLK');
do_key('execute_query');

Invoice Block : ( master block )
created a master block that has the items invoice_id , first_name,last_name , account_type and agency_name.

Then created a pre-query trigger that has the code to populate data.

The query that populates the data is

select i.invoice_id,
       i.first_name,
       i.last_name,
       cust.account_type,
       a.agency_name
into :invoice_blk.invoice_id,
  :invoice_blk.first_name,
       :invoice_blk.last_name,
:invoice_blk.account_type,
      :invoice_blk..agency_name    
from  invoice i , customer cust , agency a 
where i.invoice_id = cust.invoice_id 
and   i.agency_id  = a.agency_id 
and     cust.add_date between  :control_blk.start_date  and :control_blk.end_date;

But I get an error saying Unable to perform query.
Please let me know how can I fix this issue.

Thanks
Megha
Re: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603694 is a reply to message #603693] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Instead of writing code to fetch the matching data you need to write code to set the default where clause on the invoice_blk and let form builder query functionality take care of the rest.
Re: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603695 is a reply to message #603694] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepakmannazhi

Hai , with reference to above comment, please try this in PRE-QUERY trigger

Set_Block_Property('INVOICE_BLK',DEFAULT_WHERE,'add_date between :control_blk.start_date and :control_blk.end_date');

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2013 09:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603696 is a reply to message #603695] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
megha2525
Hi Deepak ,

Thank you for the reply. But where should I write the below select query ?
select i.invoice_id,
       i.first_name,
       i.last_name,
       cust.account_type,
       a.agency_name
into :invoice_blk.invoice_id,
  :invoice_blk.first_name,
       :invoice_blk.last_name,
:invoice_blk.account_type,
      :invoice_blk..agency_name    
from  invoice i , customer cust , agency a 
where i.invoice_id = cust.invoice_id 
and   i.agency_id  = a.agency_id 

Thanks
Megha
Re: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603697 is a reply to message #603696] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You shouldn't write it anywhere, it's the wrong approach.
Re: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603699 is a reply to message #603696] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepakmannazhi

Sorry Please ignore above comment

Re: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603700 is a reply to message #603697] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
megha2525
HI Cookiemonster,

For master block (invoice_blk) that I created the 'query data source type' is Table and 'Query data source name' is the Invoice table.
Then how will the query I have be executed ?
I am a beginner in Oracle forms and trying to understand how this works.
Please help.
Re: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form [message #603702 is a reply to message #603700] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:43 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
execute_query does it all for you. You just need to set the correct where clause
Previous Topic: Records not display when i selected
Next Topic: Forms runtime quits when Alt key button is pressed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:24:21 CDT 2024