Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Records not display when i selected
Records not display when i selected [message #603631] Wed, 18 December 2013 02:03 Go to next message
mist598
Hi all,

I selected 'INDIRECT' on the one of the lov then only the records are displayed, if i select as 'Indirect'(1st letter capital other are small) not displays records .What are the problem on this ? Please suggest me.

Thank You
Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603633 is a reply to message #603631] Wed, 18 December 2013 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that mixed case causes the problem. Set "Case insensitive query" item property to "Yes".
Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603636 is a reply to message #603633] Wed, 18 December 2013 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi Littlefoot,

Quote:
Set "Case insensitive query" item property to "Yes".

I select 'Yes', not working for me & I attached screen shot.Please find below.

Thank You
  • Attachment: image1.png
    (Size: 15.00KB, Downloaded 746 times)
Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603641 is a reply to message #603636] Wed, 18 December 2013 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
So does the LOV contain both INDIRECT and Indirect?
If so why?
How is the LOV item value being used to query data?
Which item did you set case insensitive query on?
Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603644 is a reply to message #603636] Wed, 18 December 2013 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster & Littlefoot,

please find the below queries , i took same column in the Database as well as in the Non-DB Block and took 2 canvases .

Quote:
So does the LOV contain both INDIRECT and Indirect?

No . Only Indirect Value .
Sales Channel Lov query 
SQL> select distinct meaning from fnd_lookup_values 
  2  where lookup_type like 'SALES_CHANNEL'
  3  and meaning='Bob Waldon'
  4  /

MEANING
-------------------
Bob Waldon

This one is on Database block Table ,query for Sales_channel
SQL> select organization_code,fiscal_year,product_category,sales_channel from hope.hope_forecast_data
  2  where Sales_Channel='BOB WALDON'
  3  and rownum<2
  4  /

ORGANIZATION_CODE              FISCAL_YEAR PRODUCT_CATEGORY               SALES_CHANNEL
------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------ ---------------
CU2                                   2006 FINISHED GOODS                 BOB WALDON

Quote:
Which item did you set case insensitive query on?

I set insensitive query on on both sales_channel Column on 2(1 database, 1 non-db base i.e sales_channel is LOV Coulmn) Blocks

Thank You

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2013 03:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603646 is a reply to message #603644] Wed, 18 December 2013 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The correct fix here is to fix your data so you don't have different cases in different tables.

The reason case-insensitive query isn't working is because it only applies to values entered into a database item in enter-query mode.
You're not doing that, you're using the control block values to set the default_where clause.

So if you're not going to fix your data - and you really, really should or you will keep hitting issues like this - then you need to do something like this:

IF <item> IS NOT NULL THEN
l_where := 'upper(column) = upper(<item>)';
END IF;

apply the upper function (or lower if you like) to the columns/items in the where clause you generate.
icon14.gif  Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603650 is a reply to message #603646] Wed, 18 December 2013 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster

Quote:
apply the upper function (or lower if you like) to the columns/items in the where clause you generate.

Yes correct . It is working fine now .

finalstr := finalstr || 'AND UPPER(SALES_CHANNEL)=' || ( 'UPPER(:HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.SALES_CHANNEL)');

Thank You Very Much... Smile
Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603662 is a reply to message #603650] Wed, 18 December 2013 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster,

I select Fiscal_Year as 2009(LOV) & Click on the find button it's working fine , But the Cursor point blink in the Or.Code Lov see below screen shot & clear to the Fiscal_Year ,click on the find button , record cleared but the cursor point points in the org.code and I set as first navigation block as Control Block and Org code is the first item in the Control Block , also, i set the previous navigation & next navigation , but not working

Thank You
  • Attachment: image1.png
    (Size: 6.87KB, Downloaded 710 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2013 04:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603676 is a reply to message #603662] Wed, 18 December 2013 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Can't tell for sure, but you made a (generally speaking) simple search form far too complex. You have control block, data block, items are mixed up (and you can't tell which one belongs to which block), navigation problems appear all the time, querying doesn't work properly, lists of values misbehave ...

Can't you make it simpler? This is a true nightmare.
Re: Records not display when i selected [message #603685 is a reply to message #603676] Wed, 18 December 2013 07:51 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Isn't this this issue again?
In which case my answer in the other thread still stands - you need to debug the form.
Previous Topic: select tree value insert into text box
Next Topic: From Date and to Date in Query Find Form in Custom Oracle Apps Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:30:12 CDT 2024