Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to create finishing application using oracle form 6i (Windows XP, Oracle Form 6i)
How to create finishing application using oracle form 6i [message #603390] Sun, 15 December 2013 04:43 Go to next message
lock_heart
Sorry guys, if the title is not correct i I really don't know what to put...
Hii, my application is about to finish and before it get finish I want to know how to put everything under one roof like if we create application in C, C++ then we just provide .exe file to client. SO I want to know what to do here..

I know one method, in which one shortcut is created on the desktop which contain location of main form.fmx. And a folder is created in which all forms & reports are present. Suppose MSM is folder under which FORMS & REPORTS folder will be present. In FORMS folder .fmx files & in REPORTS folder .rep files will be present. I want to know if this method is secure one or there is also another method is available.

Can anyone tell me...
Re: How to create finishing application using oracle form 6i [message #603391 is a reply to message #603390] Sun, 15 December 2013 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I want to know if this method is secure

What do you mean by "secure" term?

As you use Forms 6i, client-server (so - yes, put all your FMXs and REPs etc. onto a client computer) is one option. Another one is to deploy your application to web; this is how: Oracle Forms Server Release 6i: Deploying Forms Applications to the Web with iAS, Oracle Reports 6i: Publishing reports.
Re: How to create finishing application using oracle form 6i [message #603392 is a reply to message #603391] Sun, 15 December 2013 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lock_heart
If I want to install application in a single computer then it is also good right..., ans can we create a setup in which a folder will get created using host command and .fmx and .rep will get stored in particular FORMS & REPORTS folder and script will be generated step by step just like while we install java based software..is it possible
Re: How to create finishing application using oracle form 6i [message #603401 is a reply to message #603392] Mon, 16 December 2013 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I suppose it is.

You can create your own script which will do that, or you could try to utilize one of free (or paid) utilities that perform setup; have a look at Google search results (feel free to search for more).

[EDIT: fixed typo; was "you you"]

[Updated on: Mon, 16 December 2013 01:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to create finishing application using oracle form 6i [message #603408 is a reply to message #603401] Mon, 16 December 2013 01:07 Go to previous message
lock_heart
Thanks littlefoot, its really useful...
Previous Topic: Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined
Next Topic: message's in find button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:35:10 CDT 2024