Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » DBMS_LDAP Search filter
DBMS_LDAP Search filter [message #601764] Mon, 25 November 2013 06:28 Go to next message
sse-studi@web.de
Hi community,

i have got a problem with the search filter of the dbms_ldap.search_s.
I want to query the active directory with a few attributes (sn, givenName, department etc.).
The user of my application can choose between these attributes, he should be able to select the attributes he want to.
If the user only knows the department, he should only search by the department-attribut, if he knows the givenName and the department,
he should be able to search by this attributes.

I concatenate all of the possible attributes with an OR-Operation in the search filter. It works,
but the result of the search become larger, if the user fill in more attributes (because of the OR-Operation). So i try it with an AND-Operation,
but i have always some attributes with no value, and this does not work with and (these attributes are 0, the AND expected 1 for all attributes to find something).

Any idea how i have to concatenate the attributes?

Kind regards,
SSE
Re: DBMS_LDAP Search filter [message #601767 is a reply to message #601764] Mon, 25 November 2013 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Welcome to this forum.

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: DBMS_LDAP Search filter [message #601771 is a reply to message #601767] Mon, 25 November 2013 07:22 Go to previous message
sse-studi@web.de
Sorry!

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0
Operating System (OS) name & version for your database (DB) server system = i have to ask the admin, is this necessary for my problem?
Previous Topic: get the value of FOR loop outside the loop
Next Topic: constraints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 01 09:06:53 CDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07183 seconds