Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration (Oracle 10g Release 2,Windows 2003 server sp2)
Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601468] Thu, 21 November 2013 06:35 Go to next message
rajamohankumar
Dear Friends and Experts,

I am working in oracle forms 6i now,we are about to migrate forms 6i to forms 10G version.I am using developer Suite 10g to develope forms and reports.I can run the forms and reports in my own system where the developer suite was installed its working in the browser perfectly.But when I try to access the forms through my client system which also exsits in the same network,I could not access.I used the following URL to access the forms in IE browser."
http://machine_name:7777/forms/frmservlet?config=myapp&form=hrapp".

hrapp is the form which I configured in the formsweb.cfg file.If I run this above URL in my client system it does not load anything instead its just saying Page cannot be found.
What is the problem its seems?.Will I have to install any additional software in the client system to access the forms service like jinitiator.If yes the how to configure and access the forms.

Waiting for reply.Please some body help me to come out of this.
Re: Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601469 is a reply to message #601468] Thu, 21 November 2013 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
migration from forms 6i to form 10g follow all these instructions which is in PDF file
download and read and start your job, not that much problem.

Regard
Mughal
Re: Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601476 is a reply to message #601469] Thu, 21 November 2013 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajamohankumar
Thank you so much for this PDF.But I want to know how to access the forms through web in my client system.I want some help to configure.
Re: Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601484 is a reply to message #601476] Thu, 21 November 2013 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You'll need to deploy your application to web. In order to do that, you need to download, install and configure Application Server.

I've never done that, but I've heard that this is not an easy task. You'll need to spend hours and hours reading documentation before you make it work. If you can afford it, maybe it would be a good idea to hire a consultant and "learn by watching". Otherwise ... well, I already told you - expect a rather painful process.

Here is Oracle Application Server Forms Services - Deployment Guide 10g (9.0.4) documentation (I have it bookmarked), which doesn't fit your environment. But, now you know the keyword so - search for more. Good luck!
Re: Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601492 is a reply to message #601484] Thu, 21 November 2013 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajamohankumar
Thans for your reply again.But Already I have configured Application server.And I tried opening the form its opened.But I Installed jinitiator in my client system and entered this
URL "http://hostname:7777/forms/frmservlet?form=form_name" but no use.I have been tied up with this issue only now.My application server is configured well.

Re: Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601498 is a reply to message #601492] Thu, 21 November 2013 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
rajamohankumar wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 08:57
And I tried opening the form its opened.But I Installed jinitiator in my client system and entered this
URL "http://hostname:7777/forms/frmservlet?form=form_name" but no use.

I do not understand what you said. Please be more clear.
You should also be using JRE, not Jinitiator as it is no longer supported. you would need to configure the formsweb.cfg file to use JRE instead of Jinitiator.
And yes, it is quite painful as Littlefoot said...unless you already had it working and just need to "switch" to JRE.
Re: Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601542 is a reply to message #601498] Fri, 22 November 2013 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajamohankumar
Sorry,When I access the form in the server machine where the application server was installed its working well.
But When I use the same URL to access the from in my client machine,where I installed jinitiator its not working.
I used the following URL

http://hostname:7777/forms/frmservlet?form=form_name"

the hostname is the application server installed machine name.form_name is my form_name given in the formsweb.cfg file.

I will try using JRE instead Jinitiator in my client machine as you said.

Thanks for your reply.
Re: Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 10g forms migration [message #601789 is a reply to message #601542] Mon, 25 November 2013 13:48 Go to previous message
joy_division
What were the results?
I know one thing is you do not have admin rights, then jinitiator will not install on your client when you go to the forms URL that wishes to install it. you just get a blank white web page.
Previous Topic: updating data into table through non-database column in a form
Next Topic: Problem in Data insertion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:19:52 CDT 2024