Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to view PDF files strored in a BLOB column (F&R 11gR2)
How to view PDF files strored in a BLOB column [message #600587] Fri, 08 November 2013 14:06
Amine

Hi all,
I want to display a PDF file in a form or through a JavaBean.
But the problem is more complicated then that. I do not want to retrieve the PDF file in the application server that show it through a browser.
Actually, I do not want users to get the entire file, I just want them to see it or print it.

I want, in fact, to display a "stream" of bytes through Oracle Forms. Not a file.
This one, sounded to be a good solution, but actually not. When the file was too big (multiple pages), the application was blocked until the entire file was loaded. And when you try to print it, it wasn't printed right. The advantage of this solution is that it is open-source so we can add methods to connect to the DB, retrieve the content of the BLOB column and displays it without downloading the file.

Here is good solution. Really good, files are loaded quickly, the rendering is really good and the file is printed perfectly (as it was printed from Adobe Acrobat). The disadvantage of this solution is that it is not open-source and is really expansive .

As you can see, both solutions uses PJC.
So any help, any idea to solve my problem will be highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you,

Amine
Previous Topic: triggers regarding find_query forms
Next Topic: tree(expand,expand_all,collapse,collapse_all)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:18:53 CDT 2024