Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » adding selected listbox value into textbox
adding selected listbox value into textbox [message #599810] Tue, 29 October 2013 03:04 Go to next message
sanjlaxmi
Hi all,
i am creating one application in oracle forms in which one push button is dere for dept_list and textbox for displaying dept_name
,after clicking button it shows list of dept_id and dept_name in listbox. and after selecting any one value from it
adding into textbox of dept_name and update it.
how to do this in oracle forms 6i??

pls pls give me solution for this....
thanx in advance
  • Attachment: listbox.png
    (Size: 24.10KB, Downloaded 730 times)
Re: adding selected listbox value into textbox [message #599824 is a reply to message #599810] Tue, 29 October 2013 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I understood correctly what you are saying, here you go: in order to use list of values, I suppose that you created a record group. The next step is to create list of values. I'd suggest you to use wizard and carefully follow its steps. One of them (which is the one you skipped, I presume) asks you to map form items with list of values columns.

You can still do that: open list of values' property palette, click "Column mapping properties" and set relation between "column names" (which refer to LoV columns) and "return items" (i.e. block items).
Re: adding selected listbox value into textbox [message #599914 is a reply to message #599824] Wed, 30 October 2013 03:21 Go to previous message
sanjlaxmi
thanx @Littlefoot
its working Smile
Previous Topic: path to the used dll
Next Topic: control enable status of block at run time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:02:05 CDT 2024