Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually (Oracle 10g)
How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599541] Fri, 25 October 2013 09:59 Go to next message
jgjeetu

I know how to design master_detail form using wizard but i want to create it without using wizard.
I have created two blocks emp and dept without using wizard ,and connected them to emp and dept table
by changing their properties.
Now i want to create relationship between these two blocks, My requirement is when i press execute_query button
if deptno is 10 in dept block then emp block should show data for deptno 10 only.

I know it can be done using add relationhip option in dept block (which is master block)
but how to do that , please provide the solution and you can write steps here also.
(kindly download .fmb file from attachment)
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599543 is a reply to message #599541] Fri, 25 October 2013 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Why? Why do you want to do it manually when you can just have forms do it all by itself. The old reinvention of the wheel comes to mind, but I hate referencing things like that.
Did you add a relationship between the two blocks by going to relationships and add one, or are you opposed to forms helping you do that too and you want to manually write all the code yourself?
It seems a waste of time to me since it can all be done quickly using what Forms supplies to you.
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599553 is a reply to message #599543] Fri, 25 October 2013 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Just like Joy Division, I see no reason for doing it manually. But, if you want to, go ahead. Make sure to create the relationship, triggers used to enforce master-detail relationship (such as ON-POPULATE-DETAILS or ON-DELETE-DETAILS), set appropriate item(s) properties (copy value from item) ...

Maybe you should create such a form using Wizard and compare it with the one you create manually, so that you could spot the differences.
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599562 is a reply to message #599543] Sat, 26 October 2013 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

Kindly read my full post , i said i know how to do it by using wizard,
i just want to do it manually for knowledge purpose and i know it's possible
that why i asked .
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599563 is a reply to message #599553] Sat, 26 October 2013 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

No @littlefoot i am still facing problem
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599564 is a reply to message #599563] Sat, 26 October 2013 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that you didn't quite understand what I was saying.

I know that you know how to use Wizard; with its help, your master-detail form works OK. Do that once again - create a master-detail form and leave it be in Forms Builder. Don't close it.

Now create another form, but this time don't use Wizard - do everything manually. When it comes to establishing master-detail relationship, check a form you created previously with Wizard's help. You'll see objects Wizard created (such as triggers I mentioned etc.). Then create all of those in your form, manually. Set properties I mentioned. Check for other stuff Wizard created - create them manually.

Don't forget to take notes, so that you could write a walkthrough "How to manually create a master-detail form" and read it every time you want to do that again.

I don't have anything like that (notes, I mean). It means that I can't tell you what to do step-by-step. Maybe you'd be able to find such information, somewhere, using Google - try, if you didn't do that already.
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599886 is a reply to message #599564] Tue, 29 October 2013 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear have you solved your problem or should i send corrected .fmb file its very easy

Regard
Mughal
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #599887 is a reply to message #599886] Tue, 29 October 2013 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
and how about flash buttons have you done or not tell i will solve your problem
Re: How to create MASTER_DETAIL form Manually [message #600069 is a reply to message #599886] Thu, 31 October 2013 09:34 Go to previous message
jgjeetu

Yes i solved this problem by taking help from littlefoot advice , i opened master_detail form which i created using wizard and the 2nd form which i created manually i which i wanted to make relationship , then i checked the properties of master_detail form there was one relation in dept block (which is master), then i checked properties and opened manually created form and selected dept block i.e Master
then followed these steps:-
1. Relations ==> hit + button
2. In window:- select emp block as detail
3. Enter Join Ccondition i.e emp.deptno=dept.deptno
4. OK

Done your manually created master_block is ready Smile Cool Thanks all

(Sorry for late reply because my exams were going on ,thats why i didn't get enough time to come and reply on forum anyways thanks , and i have added reply regarding to animation buttons in related thread http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/190080/ )

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2013 09:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: updating value of table from textbox which is on form
Next Topic: browse option in oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:21:15 CDT 2024