Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Migration from oracle 10g 32 bit windows forms and reports to 11g linux forms and reports (Oracle forms and reports)
Migration from oracle 10g 32 bit windows forms and reports to 11g linux forms and reports [message #599523] Fri, 25 October 2013 02:48 Go to next message
Wellanderg
Hello everyone,

I need some help in migration of oracle forms 10g 32 bit windows platform to 11g 64bit Linux platform . I have about 500 fmb on my 10g environment which are currently working fine but when i go to compile it on 11g an error file is generated. All my path is set in proper manner .

I have a object library which has multiple tabs and every tab has its own object. While compiling, the forms are not inheriting the object values only few values from the object are considered.

help urgent plz......
Re: Migration from oracle 10g 32 bit windows forms and reports to 11g linux forms and reports [message #599524 is a reply to message #599523] Fri, 25 October 2013 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Ouch. Forms 11g can be a real pain. I have migrated a client over a year ago and we came across several things. I'll dive into my notes from that day and see what I can come up with. Have you checked MetaLink for known issues?

MHE
Re: Migration from oracle 10g 32 bit windows forms and reports to 11g linux forms and reports [message #599526 is a reply to message #599524] Fri, 25 October 2013 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
This is from my notes ( we were migrating Windows Forms 6 to Linux 11g):
1. "The Linux Forms compiler cannot read OLB's properly unless they are opened in 10g Forms Builder and saved again." Why I would say Forms 10g instead of 11g, I can't recall but I suspect that I didn't have 11g at my disposal at the time. I suggest you try saving it in Forms builder 11g and transfer (binary, of course) it to the Unix box.

2. "Pay attention to the fact that Unix is case sensitive". All references within Form modules should have the proper case. So if you use an OLB in an FMB, the file should exist with exactly that name (proper casing!) on the Unix server. I believe we quickly worked around that by adding a symbolic link with initcaps to the original olb. For example, we had "Ourlibrary.olb" that referred to "ourlibrary.olb".

I'm afraid that's all I've taken down but I hope it helps.

MHE

[Updated on: Fri, 25 October 2013 03:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migration from oracle 10g 32 bit windows forms and reports to 11g linux forms and reports [message #599527 is a reply to message #599526] Fri, 25 October 2013 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wellanderg
Thanks Maaher but its not resolved.
Re: Migration from oracle 10g 32 bit windows forms and reports to 11g linux forms and reports [message #599528 is a reply to message #599527] Fri, 25 October 2013 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Well, I'm not surprised to be honest. The problem is that Forms isn't on Oracle's high priority list anymore. There's very little information concerning 11g upgrades. Since I don't have Forms at my disposal right now I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I read that you have an error file. What kind of errors are in there. Perhaps that can be a starting point for us. Have a look at the different objects that are inherited and compare those with the ones that are not inherited. Is there any difference in the way they are defined?

MHE
Re: Migration from oracle 10g 32 bit windows forms and reports to 11g linux forms and reports [message #599529 is a reply to message #599528] Fri, 25 October 2013 04:32 Go to previous message
Wellanderg
Yeah while compiling those are fine which are not inherited are my issues. It shows the objects which are missing in the fmb which should have got inherited by calling it on the form builder. Attaching a library was so easy on windows but Linux is a issue from which i can't back out.
Previous Topic: Opening Picture
Next Topic: copy values from dynamic list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:48:13 CDT 2024