Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » insert record into lov through oracle custom forms
insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597798] Tue, 08 October 2013 08:46 Go to next message
nkumar0130
Hi,

I have a LOV in a custom oracle forms.this lov is linked to a record group.
Presently the column on which lov is created does not contain any value.

I want to insert value into the lov through the forms.
I am not able to insert data into it through forms

Can any one please help me to resolve the above issue.

Thanks
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597804 is a reply to message #597798] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
go LOVs properties "colunm mapping properties" -click and check RETURN ITEMS

ok take example .fmb file just "Double click on empno"

Regard
Mughal

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2013 09:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597807 is a reply to message #597804] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nkumar0130
Thanks Mughal,For your prompt response.
I had already set the "column mapping properties" while creating the lov.
Is there any other thing which I have to do, by which we can insert data into lov through forms lov column.

Thanks
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597809 is a reply to message #597807] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
what data is it supposed to show, is the record group based on a query?
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597810 is a reply to message #597809] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nkumar0130
yes record group based on a query, but the query contain only one column from a table.
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597811 is a reply to message #597810] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
so the obvious answer to your problem is add data to the DB that satisfies the record group query. So what is stopping you?
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597814 is a reply to message #597811] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nkumar0130
whenever i am trying to insert value into the lov through form, it is giving invalid column value..
the column data type for lov is varchar2, and i am inserting the char value in it.
so is there anything i have to do for it.
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597816 is a reply to message #597814] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm afraid you got it wrong. You don't "insert value into LoV". You use value from a LoV and insert it into a form item.

This is how I do that: first, I create a SELECT statement (that will be later used as a record group query) and test it in SQL*Plus. Once I'm satisfied with it, I simply copy/paste it into Forms while creating a record group. Finally, I create a LoV, following Wizard's questions; if you do it carefully, you can't fail. That's it.
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597817 is a reply to message #597814] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I really have no idea what you think you're doing here, so explain in detail.
What exact code are you using to insert data into the lov?
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597818 is a reply to message #597810] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
which version of form you are using 2ndly are you trying to create dynamic Lov still dont understand i sent already example form which working fine if you are trying to create dynamiclly lov thn try this.

PROCEDURE country IS

BEGIN
  DECLARE
  rg_country RECORDGROUP;
  vTemp NUMBER;

BEGIN

rg_country:=CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY('rg_country', ' select '||'''' ||'-----COUNTRY-----'||'''' || 'country_name ,' || ''''||'FFF' ||''''|| ' country_code from dual union

SELECT  country_name, country_code FROM country_codes order by country_name');

vTemp:=POPULATE_GROUP(rg_country);

POPULATE_LIST('awog.country_code', rg_country);

if not id_null(rg_country) then

delete_group(rg_country);

end if;

END;

/

PROCEDURE state IS

BEGIN

DECLARE

rg_state RECORDGROUP;

vTemp NUMBER;

BEGIN

rg_state:=CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY('rg_state',

'select '||'''' ||'-----STATE-----'||'''' || 'state_name ,' || ''''||'FFF' ||''''|| ' state_code from dual union

SELECT state_NAME,state_CODE FROM state_codes WHERE country_CODE='||':awog.country_code  order by state_name');

---'SELECT description state_NAME,state_CODE FROM state WHERE country_CODE='||'Country_code'||' ORDER BY state_NAME');

SET_RECORD_PROPERTY(:system.cursor_record,'AWOG',status,new_status);

vTemp:=POPULATE_GROUP(rg_state);

POPULATE_LIST('awog.state_code', rg_state);

if not id_null(rg_state) then

delete_group(rg_state);

end if;

END;

end;

/

PROCEDURE lga IS

BEGIN

DECLARE

rg_lga RECORDGROUP;
  vTemp NUMBER;

BEGIN

rg_lga:=CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY('rg_lga','select '||'''' ||'------LGA-----'||'''' || 'lga_name ,' || ''''||'FFF' ||''''|| ' lga_code from dual union

SELECT  LGA_NAME,LGA_CODE FROM LGA_codes WHERE STATE_CODE='||':awog.STATE_CODE'||' and country_code='||':awog.country_code order by lga_name');

SET_RECORD_PROPERTY(:system.cursor_record,'AWOG',status,new_status);

vTemp:=POPULATE_GROUP(rg_lga);

---clear_list('awog.lga_code');

POPULATE_LIST('awog.lga_code', rg_lga);

if not id_null(rg_lga) then

delete_group(rg_lga);

end if;

END;

end;

the first procedure is called at when-new-form instance of the form

,state is called to populate field state_code at when-list-change of item country_code and lga is called at when- list-change of state_code

Regard
Mughal
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597819 is a reply to message #597818] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear upload your .FMB file here

Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #597822 is a reply to message #597819] Tue, 08 October 2013 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear better you take help from here Click this Link

http://oracle-d2k-forms.blogspot.com/2011/03/lov-list-of-values.html

Regard
Mughal
Re: insert record into lov through oracle custom forms [message #598727 is a reply to message #597822] Thu, 17 October 2013 03:01 Go to previous message
nkumar0130
Thanks Mughal for your prompt response.
Previous Topic: Starting Reports with Forms and suppress empty reports
Next Topic: file open
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:21:13 CDT 2024