Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Error in Forms @ remote system ( Forms, 6i, Windows 7)
Error in Forms @ remote system [message #597371] Thu, 03 October 2013 23:06 Go to next message
mdsirajoddin

Dear All,
Please help me to clearify this issue.

I have Forms 6i, installed in a system at remote location with OS Windows 7. Previously the same was installed in Windows XP it was working fine. Now in Windows 7 also its working fine for most of the things, for some data loading options its not working and showing below shown error.

Please let me know about the error, is it the fault of installation or any other thing else...

FRM-40735:WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-06502

Thanks in Advance..
Re: Error in Forms @ remote system [message #597372 is a reply to message #597371] Fri, 04 October 2013 00:21 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oracle
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value errorstring

Cause: An arithmetic, numeric, string, conversion, or constraint error occurred. For example, this error occurs if an attempt is made to assign the value NULL to a variable declared NOT NULL, or if an attempt is made to assign an integer larger than 99 to a variable declared NUMBER(2).

Action: Change the data, how it is manipulated, or how it is declared so that values do not violate constraints.

Review WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger code. Maybe you'll spot what's wrong.

Apart from that, different kind of "errors" can be expected as Forms 6i was unsupported long before Windows 7 was released, so you are running an unsupported combination of an Oracle application and operating system. As you said, it works OK "for most of the things", but there's no guarantee that it'll work for "all of the things" and you can't do much about it as Oracle won't provide any support.
Previous Topic: Field column setting
Next Topic: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException error when running a form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:29:38 CDT 2024