|Oracle Forms R12 [message #597312]
||Thu, 03 October 2013 01:21
Registered: October 2013
Hi, Can anyone help me in this business requirement. This was an assigment given to us:- When a person applies for a leave it should go his/her supervisor for approval and once it is approved save the information in database (say in custom table*). If the leave gets rejected, don't store any information in database.|
* => Here we are storing the information in custom table instead of absence management table of oracle apps. Here our objective just to demonstrate how we can use function activity. Hence to keep the discussion simple and to avoid using oracle API,we are considering custom table.
Following are the pre-requisite to implement the solution
1) Web application which will call our custom procedure to trigger custom workflow process, is ready and accessible.
2) Oracle Workflow builder is installed and power user access is provided.
3) Access to development database is present.
User will log into the system and opens up the leave application form. Once he/she filled up with the relevant information he/she will submit the page. Once the page gets submitted, it should call our stored pl/sql procedure with the following information
1) The requestor person id
2) Leave Type
3) Leave from date
4) Leave to dateHere the control is with the web page.
B:-At this point we will take all the input values and will store it in the required item attributes.
So following item attributes needs to be defined
1) Requestor person id
2) Requestor User name
3) Requestor full name
4) Leave Type
5) Leave from date
6) Leave to date
Here the control is with the pl/sql procedure.Workflow will be triggered at this level.
C:-Since at this point we need to send notification to supervisor, hence the performer of the notification is Supervisor.Thus we need to create
a) A notification
b) A message
c) Item attribute to store supervisor full name
d) Item attribute to store supervisor user name
e) Item attribute to store supervisor person id
Here workflow is triggered,control is with workflow engine.
D:-Since we have to store the information in a table hence we have to use a function that will call our procedure to store the information in database.
E:- Supervisor can either Approve leave requisition or Reject the same. Hence the possible response could be a) Approve b) Reject.
So, we have to create a lookup type containing two lookup code a) Approve b) Reject
From the above discussion Identify the List of Workflow Components that is required for Designing and proceed with the Development.
Thanks in advance Please help me....
(Size: 137.74KB, Downloaded 476 times)