Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Start DB session using sh script with out the password (10g Release 2)
Start DB session using sh script with out the password [message #596643] Wed, 25 September 2013 07:02 Go to next message
arunprakash647
Hi,

I am trying to write a shell script to start a DB session without using the DB Password.

Could any one help me in doing this script?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Start DB session using sh script with out the password [message #596646 is a reply to message #596643] Wed, 25 September 2013 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dariyoosh
Hi,

- Why do you need this? What do you want to do exactly?
- What is the OS?
- What is the context of the authentication (connecting as an administrator or an ordinary user)?
- Have you looked at Secure External Password Store?

Regards,
Dariyoosh
icon14.gif  Re: Start DB session using sh script with out the password [message #596649 is a reply to message #596643] Wed, 25 September 2013 07:37 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

The solution depends on where your shell script is executed.
If it is not on the database server then the best solution is Oracle External Secure Password Store (aka Oracle wallet).
If it is on the database server, you can still use this authentication (which is in my opinion the best solution) or you can use OS (aka External) authentication.
You can read an introduction of all possible authentications in Security Guide, Chapter 4 Authentication Methods
Previous Topic: using a cursor to fetch data
Next Topic: Lag Function problems pls help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 16 15:01:25 CDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05637 seconds