Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » oracle forms basic info required (11g)
oracle forms basic info required [message #594184] Sun, 25 August 2013 05:00 Go to next message
doonali@gmail.com
hi,

i m new to oracle forms( knowledge of pl/sql),i want to learn oracle forms and reports.please tell which software is used in forms building and from where i can download( with link). and what other things that's i need to do.

regards
doonali
Re: oracle forms basic info required [message #594185 is a reply to message #594184] Sun, 25 August 2013 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As any other Oracle software, Developer can be downloaded from OTN pages. You, I presume, are interested in Oracle Developer Suite 10g. It contains both Forms and Reports.

Besides that, you need a database to connect these tools to. Do you have it already? If not, I'd suggest you to use Oracle Database Express Edition 11g Release 2.

So: first install the database. Then install Developer Suite into a DIFFERENT directory (not the same as the database!). Within the \network\admin directories for both products (database & developer suite), you'll find TNSNAMES.ORA files. For now, the simplest way to make it work correctly is to copy TNSNAMES.ORA from database's \network\admin directory and copy it (i.e. overwrite) Developer Suite's one. Doing so, developer tools will know which database to connect to when you provide login credentials.
Re: oracle forms basic info required [message #594326 is a reply to message #594184] Tue, 27 August 2013 08:12 Go to previous message
thelearner
try this....

http://www.slideshare.net/mansour2012/10g-forms
Previous Topic: push button associated with record
Next Topic: Form record locking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:26:23 CDT 2024