Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Change the total based on the checkbox value (Oracle Forms 10g)
Change the total based on the checkbox value [message #588327] Tue, 25 June 2013 01:10 Go to next message
kotwani.div@gmail.com
Hi,

I have created a custom form which fetches certain records. There is a column called invoice_create_flag which is check box. By default when we query this form, value of check box is 'Y'. Another column is Amount.

Initially when form is called, all the records are selected. Hence it should show the total of all the records.

Now If the users unchecks any record, System should deduct the amount of that particular record from the total amount.

Could anybody help me to achieve this functionality.

Attached is form screenshot for reference.
Re: Change the total based on the checkbox value [message #588401 is a reply to message #588327] Tue, 25 June 2013 10:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you calculate the total amount? Manually, or is it a summary column? If "manually", you might use WHEN-CHECKBOX-CHANGED trigger (and add/subtract amount to/from total amount. If you used a summary column, I *think* (don't have Forms here - you'll know better as soon as you check its Property Paletter) you can't include any condition in there so you'd need to switch to a manual option.
Previous Topic: forms 6i list item condition problem
Next Topic: Opening different forms in Same frame
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:39:14 CDT 2024