Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Dual monitor forms with alerts/messages --issues (Forms 11gr2, weblogic11g linux)
Dual monitor forms with alerts/messages --issues [message #582499] Thu, 18 April 2013 20:25 Go to next message
guyetmartine@gmail.com
Hi guys

If someone can give me a tip on what to do I would really appreciate it.
We have forms 11gr2 on win xp 32bit , weblogic linux server 64bit.
We are converting 6i to 11g. Our system has many forms that span on 2 monitors. 1280x768 monitors, so some forms are 2560x768.
When alerts/messages pop up on the screen , they are positioned in the middle of both screens (guessing Oracle by defautl calculates width =2560/2, height =768/2).

Possible options:
1- is there a way to tell oracle to open alerts/messages a X Y coordinates? Maybe a config file on the server? Already file a Sr with Oracle tech support...not much help came back of it.

2- tried creating a form to do our messages. but this is flawed since when you call the new form to display the message, then the focus on current form is lost. when the message form is closed (then trigger when_window_activate fires)...this would be hell to try and control all our messages (we may have 20-30 on each big form. We have a total of 118 forms. Lots of messages with Y/N/Cancel options.

3- Maybe create a place holder for messages on all forms (bottom of screen)...thats the best idea we have so far.

4- Is there a way to do something with a java beans? We already have some knowledge with beans since we use image beans and pdf beans.

any ideas guys....

Thanks
Re: Dual monitor forms with alerts/messages --issues [message #582593 is a reply to message #582499] Fri, 19 April 2013 15:18 Go to previous message
guyetmartine@gmail.com
We've found a quick and dirty workaround...for now...but we can't get it to work.

We can resize the mdi window to one screen...dynanically changing it to 1280 width --it works.
then do message...it works...displayes on first monitor.
then resize again to full screen -- does not work...does nothing.

Anybody knows why the first resize works but not the second one?
Previous Topic: displaying own menus instead of default menu
Next Topic: Error coming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:09:56 CDT 2024