Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Arabic language problem (10g)
Arabic language problem [message #582155] Sun, 14 April 2013 12:37 Go to next message
emadnabil
Messages: 152
Registered: August 2007
Senior Member
Dear all,

i installed database 10g with English language support
and imported a dump file contains tables having columns in arabic

so after search i did these steps
SHUT;
CONN SYS/SYS AS SYSDBA
STARTUP RESTRICT;

Alter database character set INTERNAL_USE AR8ISO8859P6; (for arabic) which we want.
SHUT;
STARTUP




after the previous steps
i checked on the nls_characterset from NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS and found it changed to AR8ISO8859P6
and that's right

after that i can insert any arabic character to the tables
but the original data still the same

is there anyway i can do to change the original data to be read in arabic
or i should make another import

thanks
Re: Arabic language problem [message #582157 is a reply to message #582155] Sun, 14 April 2013 12:49 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Messages: 57613
Registered: March 2007
Location: Nanterre, France, http://...
Senior Member
Account Moderator
Anyone using INTERNAL_USE just deserves to be impaled.
You just screwed your database.
Recreate it with the correct character set and restart from the beginning.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 14 April 2013 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: deprecated parameter not in spfile and cannot reset in memory
Next Topic: DBname changed from pfile
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Apr 20 19:49:11 CDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08654 seconds