Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Upgradation of Oracle Forms & Reports 6i
Upgradation of Oracle Forms & Reports 6i [message #582030] Fri, 12 April 2013 10:52 Go to next message
praveen240881
Dear Experts
Currently i use Oracle Forms & Reports 6i on an Oracle Enterprise Edition 10G. Now there is a requirement to change the technology and WEBify the application. Can you please share in your suggestions to which technology can we move to(apart from Oracle Forms & Report 10G).

Say something like .NET, ASP etc...
Would also be of help if you can point me to some links from where i can understand the different option i have.

Thanks
Praveen
Re: Upgradation of Oracle Forms & Reports 6i [message #582051 is a reply to message #582030] Fri, 12 April 2013 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Do you really want to rewrite your application from scratch?
Re: Upgradation of Oracle Forms & Reports 6i [message #582067 is a reply to message #582051] Fri, 12 April 2013 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps you'd be interested in deploying your existing (i.e. 6i) application to web. Have a look:

Oracle Forms Server Release 6i: Deploying Forms Applications to the Web with iAS

Oracle Reports 6i: Publishing reports
Re: Upgradation of Oracle Forms & Reports 6i [message #582151 is a reply to message #582030] Sun, 14 April 2013 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alexre2005
There are different solutions for migrating your forms application to another technology.
If you want to keep your business logic investment that is contained inside of your Oracle Forms and Reports application you might be consider the moving it to the database based on Oracle recommended vision and strategy Protect/Extend/Evolve- http://www.oracle.com/openworld/lad-en/session-schedule/con6342-singleterry-ok-1888626.pdf. After migration to DB , this code is available to be called by Oracle Forms and Reports, ADF, Apex, J2EE or any other Web-Based UI.
There are some tools in the market which allows doing it. We used PITSS application engineering module http://pitss.com/us/products/application-re-engineering-edition/ for this purpose. PITSS also have a tool which allows moving Forms visual components to JEE/ADF and APEX.
You can find more information about the roadmap to modernize your Forms application here
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/forms-modernization-092149.html
Re: Upgradation of Oracle Forms & Reports 6i [message #582193 is a reply to message #582151] Mon, 15 April 2013 10:38 Go to previous message
praveen240881
Dear All
Thanks. Basically we would want to migrate to .NET and not Oracle Forms & Reports 10G & up, though these are Web based.
So any links that gives me details on how this can be accomplished. May be we dont want to build from scratch, rather convert the existing forms & reports codes to .net and then do minimal activity to complete the migration process.
Any guidance and inputs will be of great help.
Praveen
Previous Topic: Multi language in forms 6i
Next Topic: Want to call a Web form for uploading an image from custom form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:20:09 CDT 2024