Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » map excel columns on oracle forms and insert it into database (oracle forms 6i)
map excel columns on oracle forms and insert it into database [message #581959] Fri, 12 April 2013 03:19 Go to next message
sameer_da
Hello,

I have task. I am using oracle forms 6i. I want to import excel data to oracle forms(its common task using ole2 package). But this time I want to map the columns i.e my database table having 5 columns. and the excel file is having 2 or 3 columns then i suppose to map those columns and accordingly insert it to my table.
So far i have import column heading of excel to oracle forms, then i've provide list item for mapping each column
so that user can map excel column to database columns. Now I am confuse how to write the code so that selected columns should get inserted into database.

-more details

I have table with columns id, name, location, address, plan
in those columns i need to insert records form excel.
user having a excel with 3 columns col1, col2, col3.
on the form i've fetch column headers of excel and in front of that i've provide database column list , so user can match excel column with database column. e.g

COL1 --> list value of database column
COL2 --> list value of database column
COL3 --> list value of database column

Once user map those column i want to insert those values into my database table (table with columns id, name, location, address, plan). and i am confuse about this code.

somebody please help me for the same.
Re: map excel columns on oracle forms and insert it into database [message #583881 is a reply to message #581959] Mon, 06 May 2013 07:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you reported a message, here's my answer (to your report, not your question posted in this topic): it appears that nobody - who saw your question - knows the answer. I never did anything like that, so I can't assist. I presume that the same goes for other members who visit this forum. Unfortunately, that's the way it is ...

Did you try to search the board? I didn't, but - maybe you'll find something interesting and useful.

Also, you could ask for help elsewhere, for example OTN Forums.

Best of luck!
Previous Topic: .fmx files into seperate folder
Next Topic: Master Details Form..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:17:50 CDT 2024