Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to make button visibleproperty false by clicking on it (oracle 10g)
how to make button visibleproperty false by clicking on it [message #581200] Wed, 03 April 2013 04:36 Go to next message
oraclehi
hello

I want to show or hide some items on my form by using the SET_ITEM_PROPERTY to enable or disable VISIBLE. i have a button NEW, my need is when i click on this NEW button it should be hide and some other items should be show. but when i click on this its only showing other items but not hiding the NEW button. my NEW button is like this:

[b]set_item_property('select.new',visible,property_false);
  	set_item_property('select.new',enabled,property_false);
  	set_item_property('select.new',navigable,property_false);[/b]
  	------------------------------------------------------------------	
        set_item_property('control.section',visible,property_true);
  	set_item_property('control.section',enabled,property_true);
  	set_item_property('control.section',navigable,property_true);

set_item_property('control.year',visible,property_true);
  	set_item_property('control.year',enabled,property_true);
  	set_item_property('control.year',navigable,property_true);
Re: how to make button visibleproperty false by clicking on it [message #581204 is a reply to message #581200] Wed, 03 April 2013 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You can't hide the current item.
So you need to move the cursor to a different item with go_item before trying to hide the button.
Re: how to make button visibleproperty false by clicking on it [message #581211 is a reply to message #581204] Wed, 03 April 2013 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Or possibly making mouse navigable and keyboard navigable properties false, but that is just a guess as I have never had a reason to make an item invisible.
Re: how to make button visibleproperty false by clicking on it [message #581480 is a reply to message #581204] Mon, 08 April 2013 01:01 Go to previous message
oraclehi
thanks for your help.i move the cursor to a different item, before trying to hide the button.and now it is working fine.

thanks Smile
Previous Topic: How to populate this non db block please ?
Next Topic: cursor is misbehaving like save records into database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:57:00 CDT 2024