Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Display Department name in emp table , along with employees details [merged 2 by jd]
Display Department name in emp table , along with employees details [merged 2 by jd] [message #580814] Thu, 28 March 2013 06:30 Go to next message
mist598
Hello Sir,

I used Scott schema.I take 2 blocks ,one block having Deptno,Job and also 1st block is a non database block and Another Block Empno,ename,job,sal,deptno, is a database block,my question is when i enter Deptno,Job then Display Employees Details and also Department name...please help me.Below i attached form for testing
Re: Display Department name in emp table , along with employees details [merged 2 by jd] [message #580862 is a reply to message #580814] Thu, 28 March 2013 15:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It would be by far simpler if you designed the form as the usual master-detail form. In order to do that, both blocks have to be data blocks. Forms would create relationship, all necessary triggers and procedures and you'd simply use Forms' querying mechanism to retrieve information.

As you chose NOT to do that, you'll have to do everything manually: based on information you enter into the control block, do *something* to retrieve desired records in a data block. That "something" might be setting data block's DEFAULT_WHERE or ONETIME_WHERE clause (you'd use SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY), or put DEPTNO and/or JOB values into appropriate data block items (in a PRE-QUERY trigger).

As of your form: sorry, I don't have Forms here so I can't review it. Besides, you didn't specify which Forms version you use.
Previous Topic: Need Duplicate Updatable column on 2 canvases
Next Topic: How to call the canvas from Module A to Module B
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:34:59 CDT 2024