Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Getting Logged On
Getting Logged On [message #4730] Fri, 10 January 2003 07:01 Go to next message
Linton McCracken
Hi,

My name is Linton McCracken (lph10gator) and I recently down-loaded Oracle from the Oracle web site. I have not been able to successfully get through the Log On Screen and would like to ask if you could just help me with my correct prompts where it asks for the User Name, Password, and Host String. Provided below from the "Database Configuration Assistant" screen at the end of installation, is all of the information I felt might be necessary in helping me. (I thought my User Name was linton and my Password justice, but do not know what to put for my Host String.)

Database creation complete. Check the logfiles at C:oracleadminlintoncreate for details.

Database information:
Global Database Name: linton
System Identifier (SID): linton
Server Parameters Filename: C:oracleora92databasespfilelinton.ora

Change Passwords

For security reasons, you must specify a password for the SYS and SYSTEM accounts in the new database.

SYS Password: justice
Confirm SYS Password: justice
SYSTEM Password: justice
Confirm SYSTEM Password: justice

Note: All database accounts except SYS, SYSTEM, DBSNMP, and SCOTT are locked. Select the Password Management button to view a complete list of locked accounts or to manage the database accounts. From Password Management window, unlock only the accounts you will use. Oracle Corporation strongly recommends changing the default passwords immediately after unlocking the account.

Password Management

OK

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Linton R. McCracken
LPH10Gator@hotmail.com
Re: Getting Logged On [message #4731 is a reply to message #4730] Fri, 10 January 2003 07:09 Go to previous message
CreativePresence
Have you tried
USER NAME: scott
P/word: tiger
Previous Topic: Procedure giving Wrong results...........
Next Topic: SQL Plus code to move record records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 13:43:55 CDT 2024