Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Killing inactive form session through oracle application server
Killing inactive form session through oracle application server [message #578790] Tue, 05 March 2013 03:44 Go to next message
buzzyba
I am trying use host command in Oracle forms. I get the process id as input from the user and on clicking ok the form should kill the session related to process id.

PS: Users will be entering only frmweb.exe process id which are inactive.

cmd := 'CMD /C taskkill /F /FI /pid 'process which is got as input' /IM frmweb.exe';
host(cmd)I also tried by writing the above command into a .bat file in application server.When trying to execute the bat file it din work. But when tryin to run the bat file by double clicking in Application server the session was killed.

On executing the above I am unable to kill the process.
I would also like to know whether the host command was successful or not.
Could you please help me and guide me in proceeding. Orakill and alter session are working but I don want to use it.
Re: Killing inactive form session through oracle application server [message #578843 is a reply to message #578790] Tue, 05 March 2013 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What operating system is installed on the application server?

Try with
cmd /K taskkill /F /FI /pid
The /K switch should leave the CMD window open. After running the HOST command, go to application server and review contents of the CMD window. What do you see?
Re: Killing inactive form session through oracle application server [message #580122 is a reply to message #578843] Wed, 20 March 2013 10:19 Go to previous message
buzzyba
Thanks Littlefoot

Sorry for the delayed response.Since access to the server was restricted.

I tried with /K option but cmd window is not at all opening

But i could see that some processing is going on through forms.

I tried with tasklist in server to check if process for task kill is there but i could not find any.

I tried one option here

i tried to connect to server with credentials of admin from my local command prompt i was able to successfully access the tasklist.

My questions here are
1. Do credentials are mandatory when giving host command through forms
2. Do we have any application server specific accounts that has access to task manager since i am trying to access it through forms.

Thank You

[Updated on: Wed, 20 March 2013 10:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Alert while deleting the record.
Next Topic: verification of an item text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:02:45 CDT 2024