Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Choose fields from left (Forms 6i)
Choose fields from left [message #577482] Sat, 16 February 2013 23:04 Go to next message
arif_md2009

Is there any possibility of creating a selection interface similar to our report or forms wizard where user can select single fields or multiple fields together and when he clicks on the arrow those fields data to be inserted into another table.Please refer attachment.

--this is the main table
create table batch_item (batch_no varchar2(12),item_batch varchar2(12),total_batch_qty number);

insert into batch_item ('0001','a',300);

insert into batch_item ('0002','b',200);

insert into batch_item ('0003','a',102);

--after inserting the data i should be able to move this data to corresponding batches by manually selection and pushing them to a batch.
create table ct_item (item varchar2(12),item_nm varchar2(20),item_qty number);

insert into om_item values ('a','alpha',2);

insert into om_item values ('b','beta',3);

insert into om_item values ('c','gama',4);

--left side is om_item and right will have batch items where batch qty will be accumulated upon choose arrows.

Re: Choose fields from left [message #577500 is a reply to message #577482] Sun, 17 February 2013 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, Forms doesn't support that kind of an item natively.

I've Googled a little bit and found that Andreas Weiden created a Java bean for a shuttle item - have a look at the bottom of Forms Java Bean contest page - you'll find a link there (doesn't work for me at the moment; I hope you'll manage to open it. If not, now you know the author and the "shuttle" keyword so - search by yourself).

Furthermore, Fussion Middleware 11g ADF offers the shuttle item as well so - if you choose to move from Forms to ADF, you'll be able to create such an item easily.

Moreover, Oracle Apex offers the shuttle item as well.
Re: Choose fields from left [message #577516 is a reply to message #577500] Sun, 17 February 2013 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arif_md2009

thanks littlefoot for the response, the link is not opening for me too.Well , i think we need to move to ADF environment from Forms 6i which we are currently using now.If i want to migrate from forms 6i to Fussion Middleware 11g ADF, do i need to recomplile and convert all the existing forms.
Re: Choose fields from left [message #577517 is a reply to message #577516] Mon, 18 February 2013 00:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know; I never did that, I didn't read any documentation that describes that process. Someone else might know, though.
Previous Topic: How to Configure forms 6i to implement java beans
Next Topic: report not run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:51:07 CDT 2024