Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unwanted "Please Acknowledge" message (Oracle Forms 10.1.2.0.2)
Unwanted "Please Acknowledge" message [message #576503] Tue, 05 February 2013 13:20 Go to next message
arobinson98
Greetings,
I am developing a form and testing it by running out of form builder. When the form launches it displays a "please acknowledge" message with an okay button. If I click okay the form is displayed and works fine. I have put messages after every line of code in the when-new-form-instance trigger and that trigger appears to step through to the end just fine, and the message appears after that trigger completes. I did a pl/sql search and there is no Pause anywhere in the coding. The only other preform trigger I can think of that is used is when-window-activated and that is just stock code we use everywhere. I even commented it out and nothing. Any idea where this message might be coming from and how I can stop it? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Re: Unwanted "Please Acknowledge" message [message #576504 is a reply to message #576503] Tue, 05 February 2013 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I have put messages after every line of code ...

Why? What happens if you remove these messages?

Maybe you should run a form in debug mode. It will guide you through all program units, line by line.
Re: Unwanted "Please Acknowledge" message [message #576508 is a reply to message #576504] Tue, 05 February 2013 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arobinson98
I've since pulled the messages out, they were just a primitive way of stepping through code. I ran the form in debug mode with the same result, the when-new-form-instance trigger steps through fine and once complete this message appears. No other program units run pre-form. I ran the form in debugger with breakpoints on most lines of code and it seems to step through the when-new-form-instance fine then the please acknowledge pops up, then i noticed it didn't hit the breakpoints in the when-window-activated trigger. I removed the when-new-form-instance and reran in debugger and I see the please acknowledge message then I see the when-window-activated trigger. So the message appears after when-new-form and before when-windows-activated but I have no idea why when the when-new-form trigger gets removed it now runs the when window activated trigger. Then I put the when-new-form trigger back in and it falls through that just fine then gives me the please acknowledge message and again the when-window-activated trigger fails to fire. ???
Re: Unwanted "Please Acknowledge" message [message #576532 is a reply to message #576508] Wed, 06 February 2013 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This probably won't help, but doesn't cost much to try: recompile the form "all" (Ctrl + Shift + K) and see what happens.

I'm not sure which trigger is to blame (WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE or WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED or, perhaps, some other trigger). However, try to change message level in these triggers (one by one), just to see the outcome:
:system.message_level := 20;

<your code goes here>

:system.message_level := 0;

This might, though, hide possible messages whose severity error is lower than 20 so you might test it (in steps of 5).
Re: Unwanted "Please Acknowledge" message [message #576865 is a reply to message #576503] Fri, 08 February 2013 14:19 Go to previous message
joy_division
arobinson98 wrote on Tue, 05 February 2013 14:20
I did a pl/sql search and there is no Pause anywhere in the coding.

This might sound dumb, but did you do a pl/sql search for "please acknowledge?"
Previous Topic: KEY_DUPREC is not working in a detail block
Next Topic: After post trigger go to the specific item.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:28:11 CDT 2024