Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » NLS date format in Oracle (standard edition,10.2.0.5,Redhat Linux)
NLS date format in Oracle [message #576210] Fri, 01 February 2013 07:36 Go to next message
AnilKampiri

Dear ALL,

We have one issue in my implementaion i am a ORACLE DBA support multiple database across different countries,We hosted one database in Location eg:Dennmark my problem is our client connect to database(Located in Dennmark) through VPN in different country eg Dubai,India,Finland.We need to setup a client PC to print database reports,forms based on LOCAL NLS-date and timing, should print local time,date not database server date.Can you please advice any possibility to set date format, and timezone based on client environment instead database timezone where it located at Denmark.

Thanks&Regards,
Anil

[EDITED by LF: Fixed topic title typo; was "Oacle"]

[Updated on: Fri, 01 February 2013 12:00] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: NLS date format in Oacle [message #576221 is a reply to message #576210] Fri, 01 February 2013 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Client sessions are automatically configured with client date and time zone.
But you have to use the correct function; for instance, SYSDATE gives the database datetime, CURRENT_DATE gives the client datetime.

Regards
Michel
Re: NLS date format in Oacle [message #576358 is a reply to message #576221] Mon, 04 February 2013 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnilKampiri

Dear Michel,

Thanks for reply,I also have some doubts in setting character set,My database is configured with UTF8 character set to support multiple language,Please note my client application using oracle-6i forms and reports,Kindly advice can we configure client PC in regedit as

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

above setting in client regedit will allow user to input multiple language,Please clarify this

Regards,
Anil
Re: NLS date format in Oacle [message #576361 is a reply to message #576358] Mon, 04 February 2013 01:24 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can set that if your client OS uses that: you MUST set it to the language used by the OS.
The only exception I know to this rule is when you use an Internet browser to query through an application server as all browsers support UTF8.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Tablespace
Next Topic: Oracle dbms_job hangs for Long time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:36:57 CDT 2024