Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to make the form fields available to edit (Forms 10.12.0.2)
Unable to make the form fields available to edit [message #575994] Wed, 30 January 2013 07:36 Go to next message
Nshan
Hi All,

My requirement is to call a form through special menu icon from one main form and display some information.
Whenever i open a new form it should fetch a record and display where some of the fields should be available to edit.
I am displaying a record based on a view.

For that i have used below code in when-new-form-instance

- GO_BLOCK('Block name');
- DO_KEY('Execute_Query');

After executing the query my block status is becoming 'QUERY' where i am not able to set the block/item property "Update allowed" to true.

I have added below piece of code

set_item_property('block_name.item name',insert_allowed, PROPERTY_TRUE);
set_item_property('block_name.item name',UPDATE_ALLOWED,PROPERTY_TRUE);

in almost all the triggers and tried.
I could still see all the fields are read only.

Could any one please me on this issue.

Thanks,
Nshan.

Re: Unable to make the form fields available to edit [message #575995 is a reply to message #575994] Wed, 30 January 2013 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Presumably you're getting an error when you run the set_item_property. What is it?
Re: Unable to make the form fields available to edit [message #575998 is a reply to message #575995] Wed, 30 January 2013 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nshan
I am not getting any error message. If try to delete a record then i am just getting an error message saying view can not be updated which is a valid scenario. otherwise i am not seeing any error message.
Re: Unable to make the form fields available to edit [message #576000 is a reply to message #575998] Wed, 30 January 2013 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
do you have an on-error trigger?
Re: Unable to make the form fields available to edit [message #576161 is a reply to message #576000] Fri, 01 February 2013 01:09 Go to previous message
Nshan
Hi,

My form becomes non editable as my form is based on a view. If it is based on a table then setting item edit properties would be possible.
I need to add either NULL/ whatever code ex: some execution code in
- ON INSERT
- ON UPDATE
- ON DELETE
triggers and this will allow you to set edit ability to the items in that form.
But still not understand how come adding null / some code in those triggers allow us to set edit ability to the items.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,
Nshan.
Previous Topic: Quit Excel from oracle forms
Next Topic: Moving to Next Record from detail table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:08:44 CDT 2024