Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calling fmx at startup (Oracle form 10G)
Calling fmx at startup [message #575317] Tue, 22 January 2013 03:26 Go to next message
poojamunj
Hello,

Well I have developed one module in my organisation where if there is any new request from our users they will be filling one form and the respected requests can be viewed in another form which is only accessible to our team. Through this second form our TL will be allocating work to us.

But the problem is we have to check that form every now and then for new requests. Instead of that I want to give a prompt at every individuals pc belonging to our team for any request on there name. Now I want to call a fmx on startup itself. And this fmx is a form itself which will act as a prompt which will contain the data regarding users request.

How can I call the fmx on startup or rather wether this idea will work or is there any other simplified way which we can use.
Please give suggestion.

Thanks.
Re: Calling fmx at startup [message #575348 is a reply to message #575317] Tue, 22 January 2013 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
One option is to send an e-mail whenever users fill a form with their requests.
Re: Calling fmx at startup [message #575431 is a reply to message #575348] Wed, 23 January 2013 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poojamunj
To avoid the concept of mailing only we have made this form. Hence we want one form to pop whenever our computer is started which will consist the tasks which are assingned to us. Is there any technique in oracle which can be used to make such prompts.
Re: Calling fmx at startup [message #575443 is a reply to message #575431] Wed, 23 January 2013 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When did you change the requirement from
Quote:

the problem is we have to check that form every now and then for new requests

to
Quote:

whenever our computer is started

Which operating system do you use? On MS Windows, there's Task Scheduler which can be set to run programs on startup. As Forms 10g run on web (i.e. aren't client-server), it is rather impractical to run a form because user should enter credentials in order to connect to the database and see what's new. Therefore, an executable might be a better choice. For example, you might create a "form" using some other programming language/tool (such as Delphi) and start it up. SQL*Plus script could do the job as well (but it isn't that nice).

By the way, what's wrong with an e-mail? Why do you want to avoid it? It is by far the simplest solution of any I can think of.
Re: Calling fmx at startup [message #575535 is a reply to message #575443] Wed, 23 January 2013 22:29 Go to previous message
poojamunj
Yes sir even we were thinking of that..but out superiors dont want to put load on mailing system...as in plenty of mails come apart from user requirements.Anyways.... thank you for your suggestions. We are now trying on Java frames. Lets hope it works. I'll update if I am successfull in that.
Previous Topic: Runtime deployment error while deploying - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Next Topic: upload a PDF file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:48:51 CDT 2024