Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem when navigating with mouse cursor (Forms 10g)
Problem when navigating with mouse cursor [message #574871] Wed, 16 January 2013 08:09 Go to next message
georges.choueiry
Hi,

i am migrating from forms 6i to forms 10g but i am facing a problem. when i enter to my new form and i try to navigate thru the items with my mouse the validation of the item doesn't work properly. the cursor change position but the functionality works like it is still in the first item. the validation work when you use enter or tab.
the same thing when you try to fetch the LOV, the LOV of the first item is populated not where the cursor is positioned.
Does anyone has an idea about this problem and the how can i resolved it?

Regards,
Re: Problem when navigating with mouse cursor [message #574886 is a reply to message #574871] Wed, 16 January 2013 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Going from client-server to web based forms, most if not all of the mouse event triggers have been removed.
Re: Problem when navigating with mouse cursor [message #574924 is a reply to message #574886] Wed, 16 January 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, not exactly removed (you can still create them), but they don't work. Why (talking to Georges): as mouse events happen frequently, these triggers also fire frequently. As they are processed on the application server, they would produce heavy network traffic. In order to avoid that, these triggers do nothing.

I'd suggest you to move code from these mouse- triggers to WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM triggers. They should be used to validate items anyway, not mouse- triggers.
Re: Problem when navigating with mouse cursor [message #574943 is a reply to message #574924] Thu, 17 January 2013 00:07 Go to previous message
georges.choueiry
Dear All,

All my codes are on when_validate_item, but when i navigate through the fields with my mouse cursor the cursor change positioning but the functionality is not working properly for example : if i press F9 to chose a value from the LOV, the LOV populated is for the previous item validated and if i select a value from the LOV, the value is filled in the previous item validated. Well visually you see the cursor change positioning but practically he stayed in the last field validated.
But if you use the Tab button the cursor change position and the functionality work properly.

Regards,
Previous Topic: verification an item manually
Next Topic: search records in form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:17:10 CDT 2024