Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Check for create table permission
Check for create table permission [message #573996] Fri, 04 January 2013 22:20 Go to next message
sanushks
Hi,

I'm new to oracle DB,i've been given access to Oracle as a user. when i try to create a table under my default schema i get the insufficient privileges error.

How do i check from the system views if i have create table privilege under my own schema?
Re: Check for create table permission [message #573997 is a reply to message #573996] Fri, 04 January 2013 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

select * from user_sys_privs;
select * from user_role_privs;
Re: Check for create table permission [message #574010 is a reply to message #573996] Sat, 05 January 2013 01:54 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ all catalog/dictionary views are described in Database Reference

2/ You can use DICTIONARY view to find the dictionary views related to your question:
SQL> select * from dictionary 
  2  where (lower(comments) like '%priv%' or lower(comments) like '%grant%')
  3    and table_name like 'USER%' 
  4  order by 1
  5  /
TABLE_NAME                     COMMENTS
------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USER_AUDIT_STATEMENT           Audit trail records concerning  grant, revoke, audit, noaudit and alter system
USER_COL_PRIVS                 Grants on columns for which the user is the owner, grantor or grantee
USER_COL_PRIVS_MADE            All grants on columns of objects owned by the user
USER_COL_PRIVS_RECD            Grants on columns for which the user is the grantee
USER_REPGROUP_PRIVILEGES       Information about users who are registered for object group privileges
USER_ROLE_PRIVS                Roles granted to current user
USER_RSRC_CONSUMER_GROUP_PRIVS Switch privileges for consumer groups for the user
USER_RSRC_MANAGER_SYSTEM_PRIVS system privileges for the resource manager for the user
USER_SYNONYMS                  The user's private synonyms
USER_SYS_PRIVS                 System privileges granted to current user
USER_TAB_PRIVS                 Grants on objects for which the user is the owner, grantor or grantee
USER_TAB_PRIVS_MADE            All grants on objects owned by the user
USER_TAB_PRIVS_RECD            Grants on objects for which the user is the grantee

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Insert into target table and delete from source
Next Topic: Facing issue related to single quote('), in sql query.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 21 11:02:23 CDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08329 seconds