Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to open another form within a form (Forms9i, Windows)
How to open another form within a form [message #573048] Thu, 20 December 2012 04:05 Go to next message
snsiddiqui
I want to convert my forms6i application into forms9i therefore I initially converted my login and explorer form.

In my login form, I am using NEW_FORM to close my login form and wants to activate my explorer form but every time a pop-up raised and asked "DO YOU WANT TO CALL THE NEW FORM?", if I pressed YES then pointer moved to explorer form.

This form is working perfectly in 6i and didn't asked anything and moved to successfully to explorer form.

Would anyone please provide the solution.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to open another form within a form [message #573068 is a reply to message #573048] Thu, 20 December 2012 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
I am having a hard time understanding what really happened, but to call a new form while in a form, use CALL_FORM('formname');
Re: How to open another form within a form [message #573071 is a reply to message #573068] Thu, 20 December 2012 09:00 Go to previous message
snsiddiqui
But it is not good because I want to move from login form to explorer form so when user logged in successfully there is no need of login form therefore it should be closed.

In 6i it works perfectly so why it is not working here in 9i and new_form builtin is also exists in 9i so it should work, I think we are doing any mistake or missing anything.

Is there any parameter setting or anything else in application server?
Is it handle in developer?

Kindly give me any proper solution, I will be very grateful.
Previous Topic: best way to pass 100+ parameter in form A to form B
Next Topic: PrtSn into Database Field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:12:58 CDT 2024