Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Parameters after radio button (Forms 6i)
Parameters after radio button [message #572690] Sun, 16 December 2012 02:06 Go to next message
arif_md2009

I have one interface form where user will choose radio buttons and based on radio button value different report will run, in one radio button i want to check parameters , for example if there are three radio buttons, a - will run a.rdf ,b- will directly run b.rdf , if user choses c - then prompt will appear asking him to input from date and to date and based on that value c.rdf will run.I want this date parameters to run only for this report c.rdf only.One way is to display from date and to date on forms and make it applicable to only this report , but i want to use this parameters only while choose c radio button.
Re: Parameters after radio button [message #572691 is a reply to message #572690] Sun, 16 December 2012 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Medo
Dear arif_md2009;
each Radio Button have value
then use IF/Else statment
Example

Radio Group Name:RD1.

Trigger : When-Radio-Changed

Begin

If :<Block Name>.RD1=0 then

statment or function

elseif :<Block Name>.RD1=1 then

statment or function

endif;
endif;

end;

set RD1 datatype to number
set the defult value for the radio button

try this

[Updated on: Sun, 16 December 2012 02:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Parameters after radio button [message #572695 is a reply to message #572691] Sun, 16 December 2012 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
After selecting a report, use SET_ITEM_PROPERTY to show and enable date items.
Re: Parameters after radio button [message #572698 is a reply to message #572695] Sun, 16 December 2012 06:09 Go to previous message
arif_md2009

Thanks littlefoot and medo, i actually combined both of your ideas and did it, i created one seperate canvas and used the show_view to display this canvas upon selection of c radio button , i placed these date parameters on this seperate canvas and hide them after entring those parameter values.If the user selects another radio button except c ,this canvas will not get displayed.

Thanks a lot both of you.
Previous Topic: WEBUTIL ERROR
Next Topic: Arabic Support in Forms & Report 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:01:52 CDT 2024