Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problems with Visual Attribute in multirecord block (Forms6i)
Problems with Visual Attribute in multirecord block [message #572651] Fri, 14 December 2012 10:23 Go to next message
10guser
Hi,

I'm facing few issues while enabling and disabling button in multi-record block.

When the user checks the checkbox, I'm enabling the button and disabling when unchecked. I've got two VA created to enable and disable. Enabling works fine but disabling doesn't disable i.e. the button doesn't get greyed out.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing out ?

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
10GUser
Re: Problems with Visual Attribute in multirecord block [message #572655 is a reply to message #572651] Fri, 14 December 2012 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
show the code. Additonally, what are the properties of the buttons (ie. keyboard navigable, mouse navigable, etc.), what block do the buttons belong to, are they repeating like the fields?

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2012 12:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with Visual Attribute in multirecord block [message #572656 is a reply to message #572651] Fri, 14 December 2012 12:45 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you do that (I mean, enable and disable buttons)?

Unless I'm wrong, in a multi-record block SET_ITEM_PROPERTY doesn't do what you need; you have to use SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY instead. However, "ENABLED" property is not among properties you can change with this built-in.

Therefore, how about NOT using buttons at all. Why do you need them, anyway? If you check the checkbox, it is supposed to enable a button, so - I presume - you press that button. So, why don't you, instead, put WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger code into the WHEN-CHECKBOX-CHANGED trigger?
Previous Topic: FRM-40734 Internal Error PL/SQL error = magic error?
Next Topic: WEBUTIL ERROR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:57:27 CDT 2024