Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle form 10g (Oracle Devsuite 10g)
Oracle form 10g [message #572613] Fri, 14 December 2012 00:17 Go to next message
ravianugade
Hi,

As per scenario, we need to find the key pressed action and key release action on Oracle form 10g.
On key pressed (i.e. key-up, key-down, key-page-up and key-page-down) the event will be fired and as soon as the user release the key, the event will be stop.

As current situation, we have one form which contains the database blocks. As per search condition, all the data populated in Database block, there are 1000 and more records. Now user going use any of key (i.e. key-up, key-down, key-page-up and key-page-down) as he pressed key ( say Key-down) it scrolled down but as soon as he release the key, the event is not stopped. its going on going down then stop.

Is it possible, as user release the key scrolling will stopped at same time ?

Help me. Sad
Re: Oracle form 10g [message #572619 is a reply to message #572613] Fri, 14 December 2012 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is because user keeps finger on KEY-DOWN. Keyboard sends the signal, form fetches records but is unable to keep the finger pace so it looks as if scrolling doesn't stop at the same moment user lifts his finger from the KEY-DOWN key. I'm quite sure that it doesn't happen if user actually presses the key multiple times (i.e. scrolls record by record).

I don't think that fetching "key release" event would help here at all (Forms can't do that anyway; you might try to implement Java bean, but I don't know anything about it).

What you might try to do is to increase "Number of Records Buffered" data block property. What is its value now? Is it 0 (which is the default)?

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2012 01:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle form 10g [message #572625 is a reply to message #572619] Fri, 14 December 2012 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravianugade
Thanks for your reply.

Yes the "Number of Records Buffered" data block property value is 0 ( default )

So can i increase the value for "Number of Records Buffered" data block property?
it set to ?

Kindly help. Sad
Re: Oracle form 10g [message #572630 is a reply to message #572625] Fri, 14 December 2012 02:45 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know whether you can do that or not - it is your form, after all. I believe you can. To what value? I don't know; estimate the number and test how it behaves, then modify it again and test, modify & test, modify & test ... you know how it goes, I suppose.
Previous Topic: what is the solution for java.lang.IllegalAccessException?
Next Topic: FRM-40734 Internal Error PL/SQL error = magic error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:21:51 CDT 2024