Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Efficient way of retrieving - Joining Vs In line view (Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production)
Efficient way of retrieving - Joining Vs In line view [message #571975] Wed, 05 December 2012 01:17 Go to next message
saipradyumn
Hi All ,

Could you please let us know which one is efficient way retrieving the information between Join Vs inline view

1: By using Joining

Select  e,* , d.dname  from scott.emp e , scott.dept  d where  e.deptno=d.deptno  ;

2: By using In line view
select e.*, (select d.dname from scott.dept d where d.deptno = e.deptno) dname   from scott.emp e

This is just simple example. I have same kind situation in my actual requirement also.
Do we have any other factors to decide?

Thanks
SaiPradyumn
Re: Efficient way of retrieving - Joining Vs In line view [message #571979 is a reply to message #571975] Wed, 05 December 2012 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1. is the most efficient.

You didn't feedback to and/or thank in your previous topics; this is a rude and scornful behaviour that deserves to be no more helped.
Please review your previous topics and comply to the least rules of politeness.

Regards
Michel
Re: Efficient way of retrieving - Joining Vs In line view [message #571981 is a reply to message #571979] Wed, 05 December 2012 01:56 Go to previous message
saipradyumn

Hi Michel ,

I am really extremely sorry for that one.It's very difficult to solve all of my problems with out your help.

Thanks
SaiPradyumn
Previous Topic: Sequence increments when it is not being called.
Next Topic: Associative Array help - no data found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 27 23:39:08 CDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08872 seconds