Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Clear Block Message in oracle forms. (oracle 9i,)
Clear Block Message in oracle forms. [message #571819] Fri, 30 November 2012 20:07 Go to next message
gokul8303
Dear All,

I am creating a form with 3 blocks.

Control block,
Header Block,
Detail Block.

First i have entered a record in the control block.

Then i navigate to header block,entered the first record for Header Block.

Then i navigate to Detail block,entered the first record for detail Block.

then i again navigate to Header Block..

Now the Problem comes....

As i am Trying to enter second record for header block,the pop up comes as "Do you want to save the changes".

Condition 1:
i dont want that message to appear for every header record i enter.

Condition 2:
For every header record i enter,Corresponding detail record would have been entered.i want that detail records to be retained if i am clicking that header record as i have already created relationship for both header block and detail block.

How can i resolve this.

Can you please someone help??

Thanks in Advance....

[EDITED by LF: removed superfluous empty lines]

[Updated on: Sat, 01 December 2012 03:25] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clear Block Message in oracle forms. [message #571828 is a reply to message #571819] Sat, 01 December 2012 03:25 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What you got is expected Forms behaviour. It says that you want to move to another header record which would, in turn, erase everything you entered into the detail record, so Forms asks you are you sure you want to do that. Most probably not.

What you might try is to "silently" COMMIT or, maybe even better, POST changes you've made. You'd do that in, for example, WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE trigger. Something like this:
:system.message_level := 5:
  post;
:system.message_level := 0;
Modifying the message level would "hide" a message from end user. If you previously set it to some value, you'd probably want to save it and restore it after posting changes (that shouldn't be a problem - you'd use a local variable, for example).

Don't forget to COMMIT at the end of the work, because post is NOT commit and doesn't permanently store changes you've made.
Previous Topic: excel hyperlink
Next Topic: Connection Failure issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:09:18 CDT 2024