Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Heterogeneous database integrated (Window , Oracle 10.0.2)
Heterogeneous database integrated [message #569666] Tue, 30 October 2012 21:49 Go to next message
JADYCHEN
Hi!! All Experts,
Now I have a question :
I had Application ERP (use Oracle 10g) and another Application PLM(use MSSQL) , I want to
integrated this two application,but I do'nt know how to begin ?? ,
is this any document can study??
Beside , Is Oracle 10.2.0.1 transparent Gateway for MSSQL is free?? or charged?? ,
if free , where to download??
Please help me , I am very appreciated!! , Thanks!!
Re: Heterogeneous database integrated [message #569667 is a reply to message #569666] Tue, 30 October 2012 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I had Application ERP (use Oracle 10g) and another Application PLM(use MSSQL) ,
>I want to integrated this two application,but I do'nt know how to begin ?? ,

What exactly does "integrate" actually mean?

To know where to begin, it helps to know what you expect/desire at the end.
What will the end result look like or be able to do that can not be done now.
Re: Heterogeneous database integrated [message #569669 is a reply to message #569667] Wed, 31 October 2012 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JADYCHEN
Hi!! Dear BlackSwan ,
My expect/desire is :
1. I want to access data from Oracle to MSSQL by trigger , ODBC or Oracle 10.2.0.1 transparent Gateway(OTG)
2. I want to access data from MSSQL to Oracle by trigger , ODBC or Oracle 10.2.0.1 transparent Gateway(OTG)
Is this two way accessible??
Re: Heterogeneous database integrated [message #569678 is a reply to message #569669] Wed, 31 October 2012 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Jady, this is still not clear. Do you, for example, want to run a query that joins a table in an Oracle database with a table in an MSSQL database? Or what?
Re: Heterogeneous database integrated [message #569683 is a reply to message #569678] Wed, 31 October 2012 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JADYCHEN
Hi!! Dear John Watson,
Sorry , My expect/desire is not clear , What I need is :
When I insert a BOM bill at ERP(Oracle) , I want to insert same record at PLM(MSSQL) immediately ,
Maybe , there are not same fields at Oracle-MSSQL ,
and I can't to manipulate at Application level , because I can't touch this two application ,
so , I must handle this topic from Database level , to synchronize two database side's data ,
I hope that I had a mechanism to let me meet this goal ...
and this is my challenge , my Oracle is 10g(10.2.0.1) and MSSQL is SQL Server 2012
Re: Heterogeneous database integrated [message #569685 is a reply to message #569683] Wed, 31 October 2012 05:19 Go to previous message
John Watson
You know, it would have saved people (including you) time if you had said this at the beginning, and raised the topic in the EBS forum.
However:
This is application integration, not database integration. I would do this through Oracle Alert. The alert will have to trigger on the creation of a bill, and then invoke some code to propagate the bill to PLM. Or, if you have pots of money, go through the SOA Gateway or the e-Commerce Gateway. You might find a ready-written interface that uses these. But an Alert is probably the easiest way.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 October 2012 05:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to get multiple column values in a row
Next Topic: Extracting User who does not exist in column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 20 19:37:41 CST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11863 seconds