Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » basic DBA project (oracle 11g)
basic DBA project [message #568970] Thu, 18 October 2012 04:42 Go to next message
Nampa
please assist where you can.. I currently took the Oracle Database system Administration course, and this tasks are sweating me, no matter how hard I try to think. thanks
  • Attachment: Task 1.pdf
    (Size: 148.21KB, Downloaded 264 times)
Re: basic DBA project [message #568973 is a reply to message #568970] Thu, 18 October 2012 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read
For the first question, run a query to find all the views whose names begin with ALL. Unfortunately, there are quite a few of them:
orcl> select count(*) from all_objects where object_type='VIEW' and object_name like 'ALL%';

COUNT(*)
----------

orcl>
so you need to adjust the search string to select only those views whose name includes some other string as well, such as USER or PRIV or ROLE and so on. Then run queries against those views, joining them as necessary, to build up the picture of how CHRISTIAN's schema is configured.
If you get stuck, post your code here and perhaps someone will give more advice.
Re: basic DBA project [message #568974 is a reply to message #568973] Thu, 18 October 2012 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Another option to list the views related to an issue is to use the DICTIONARY view, for instance:
SQL> select table_name, comments
  2  from dictionary
  3  where table_name like 'ALL%'
  4    and lower(comments) like '%role%'
  5  order by 1
  6  /
TABLE_NAME                     COMMENTS
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALL_COL_PRIVS                  Grants on columns for which the user is the grantor, grantee, owner,
                                or an enabled role or PUBLIC is the grantee
ALL_COL_PRIVS_RECD             Grants on columns for which the user, PUBLIC or enabled role is the grantee
ALL_TAB_PRIVS                  Grants on objects for which the user is the grantor, grantee, owner,
                                or an enabled role or PUBLIC is the grantee
ALL_TAB_PRIVS_RECD             Grants on objects for which the user, PUBLIC or enabled role is the grantee

Also all catalog views are described in Database Reference.

Regards
Michel

[Edit: wrong edit]

[Updated on: Thu, 18 October 2012 06:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: basic DBA project [message #568976 is a reply to message #568974] Thu, 18 October 2012 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nampa
Thanks Michel, I 'll get back tomorrow, after I attempt them tonight, because I haven't even done that yet.. I just panicked
Re: basic DBA project [message #569508 is a reply to message #568974] Sun, 28 October 2012 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nampa
Hi Michel and the rest of admin, please check out my attempt answers and help me.

• Attachment: dsa 2.pdf
    (Size: 209.25KB, Downloaded 87 times)
Re: basic DBA project [message #569509 is a reply to message #569508] Sun, 28 October 2012 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: basic DBA project [message #569510 is a reply to message #569508] Sun, 28 October 2012 11:04 Go to previous message
John Watson
I would say that you need to re-visit your answer to task 4. Consider the possible use of indexes.
Your task 3 answer is a little disorganized. You have not in fact answered tbe question, which requires a sorted list of possible issues with a guess at estimated probabilities, followed by a suggested architecture (such as ASM mirroring at all sites plus Data Guard plus whatever else) to address those issues. Also, I don't understand the references to Exadata. I don't actually see it's relevance, but perhaps you can work on that.

Nice try - keep at it.

Previous Topic: Materialized views
Next Topic: Split Months
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 19 10:52:40 CST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08949 seconds