Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms60.vrf(99): PERMISSION_DENIED while setting value path (windows7 SP1 installing developer 6i,64bit operating system)
Forms60.vrf(99): PERMISSION_DENIED while setting value path [message #568527] Sat, 13 October 2012 02:47 Go to next message
sam524
hi guys,

At the time of installing developer 6i am getting the above error,at the stage of selecting the path for forms its throwing the above error saying the permission denied in setting the value path....

does any one come across this type of error before...
thanks in advance
Re: Forms60.vrf(99): PERMISSION_DENIED while setting value path [message #568533 is a reply to message #568527] Sat, 13 October 2012 07:02 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I've read that some people made Forms 6i run on Windows 7, but - as it is an unsupported and never certified combination of the operating system and Oracle software, I'd rather NOT install Forms 6i on Windows 7. I'd use XP instead. If you, for some reason, don't want to use Windows XP as the "main" operating system, install virtual machine (such as VirtualBox), put XP onto it and, finally, install Forms 6i.

I know, that's me and my opinion which you most probably won't follow.

Therefore: how are you installing Forms? Do you have privileges to write to a directory specified in the path? I guess that you should have administrative rights in order to be able to continue the installation process. Also, pay attention to directory name and try to avoid names with spaces in it (i.e. not "C:\Oracle\Forms 6i\" but "C:\Oracle\Forms6i").
Previous Topic: Matrix with Forms
Next Topic: error 404 not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:29:13 CDT 2024