Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Modified objects (Oracle 10.0.1.0)
Modified objects [message #567501] Tue, 02 October 2012 14:49 Go to next message
arif_md2009

I want to compare two users on different databases, actaully there are two users one in user a on database a and another user b on database b they have same tables, and everytime when a table or object is created on user a (database a) i will take the table name ,procedure or any other object from user_objects based on ddl_created date and then i need to recreate the same on user b on database b, is there a way to find out tables which are not only created but also i need to check whether if there is any column added or any change in procedure or any other objects.Is there a way to generate the scripts based on list of objects selected from user_objects.
all i want is.
a)Find out the list of objects added along with creation scripts
b)find out the list of objects modified along with creation scripts.
Re: Modified objects [message #567502 is a reply to message #567501] Tue, 02 October 2012 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
you can not do DDL across DBLINK, so how exactly will you implement this pipe dream?

Attempting to automate is a recipe for disaster.
Why not manually apply same DDL to both schemas?
Re: Modified objects [message #567509 is a reply to message #567501] Wed, 03 October 2012 00:20 Go to previous message
John Watson
If you have Enterprise Edition licences (and, by the way, I very much doubt that you are using release 10.0.1.0) then Streams will synchnronize the objects automatically, DML, DDL, or both.
--
edit: typo

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2012 01:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to reduce the size of a table in Oracle 8
Next Topic: Not able to logins as ssysdba
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 21:23:16 CDT 2024