Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Acccessing EBS 12.1.3 through port forwarding (12.1.3)
Acccessing EBS 12.1.3 through port forwarding [message #547125] Mon, 12 March 2012 07:19 Go to next message
John Watson
I'm trying to set up an EBS environment for access from the internet through a DSL router with no proper firewall. All I have available is port forwarding. I have configured the router to forward the http port my EBS is using, and set these OA_VARs to point to the external name of my router, not the name of the EBS node:
s_webentryhost
s_webentrydomain
s_login_page
s_external_url
It works from within the internal network. Using the external URL I get redirected to the login page, everything works fine with my browser always pointing to the external name. But connecting from outside, I get the login screen but after entering username/password, nothing: just the login screen again. Looking at the Apache access_log it looks fine, all the GETs and the POST of the username/password complete with 200, but nothing happens: I stay on the login screen.
Any ideas? I can't find a doc on MOS describing a simple port forwarding environment.
Thanks for any advice.

Re: Acccessing EBS 12.1.3 through port forwarding [message #547256 is a reply to message #547125] Tue, 13 March 2012 10:37 Go to previous message
John Watson
Talking to myself. Often the first sign of lunacy. But then, that is normal for an Apps DBA.

I have the answer: it is two more context file parameters (not mentioned in any of the MOS notes) that need to ne adjusted to point to the router, not the middletier host:
s_formsdomain
s_formshost

Previous Topic: FSG YTD Feature
Next Topic: Loading Positions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 21:18:04 CDT 2024