ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
*Cause: The listener received a request to establish a connection to a
database or other service. The connect descriptor received by the listener
specified a service name for a service (usually a database service)
that either has not yet dynamically registered with the listener or has
not been statically configured for the listener. This may be a temporary
condition such as after the listener has started, but before the database
instance has registered with the listener.
- Wait a moment and try to connect a second time.
- Check which services are currently known by the listener by executing:
lsnrctl services <listener name>
- Check that the SERVICE_NAME parameter in the connect descriptor of the
net service name used specifies a service known by the listener.
- If an easy connect naming connect identifier was used, check that
the service name specified is a service known by the listener.
- Check for an event in the listener.log file.
[Updated on: Wed, 29 February 2012 01:46]
Report message to a moderator