Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Any value in doing a new install of Apex? (Apex 4.1)
Any value in doing a new install of Apex? [message #540279] Sat, 21 January 2012 09:12
jp41
I have an instance of Apex version 2.2 running in a 10.2.0.1 oracle database on a server running the Solaris 8 OS. This Apex instance originally started life as version 2.0 or 1.6.

The goal is to upgrade the database to version 11.2 and Apex to 4.1. Since Oracle 11.2 is not supported on Solaris 8 and its server is being decommissioned, the database will have to be rehosted to a newer server before it can be upgraded to 11.2.

In accomplishing these upgrades, I'm trying to determine if there's value in just creating a brand new 11.2 database, with 4.1 Apex, and then migrating the version 2.2 Apex applications one-by-one to version 4.1. I'm thinking a lot of the old flow/htmldb named objects would get flushed with such a plan. This would be a more tedious approach, making sure one has migrated all dependencies to the new datbases.

Anyone have any opinions for/against upgrading via a new install like this?

Thanks in advance,

- Jeff

[Updated on: Sat, 21 January 2012 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Can I do this with SQL?
Next Topic: How to change the size of a picture on the page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:37:12 CDT 2024