Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to import dump into specific tablespace instead of default tablespace users. (oracle 10 g)
How to import dump into specific tablespace instead of default tablespace users. [message #539856] Wed, 18 January 2012 23:25 Go to next message
hemant_khandare
How to import dump into specific tablespace instead of default tablespace users.

I want to import my dump file to newly created tablespace ,so how can i do that .
I have created new user called cvm and while creating it i mentioned default tablespace to newly created tablespace .
But when i try to import my dumo file it goes to users tablespace .

So Kindly suggest .

Thanks.
Re: How to import dump into specific tablespace instead of default tablespace users. [message #539858 is a reply to message #539856] Wed, 18 January 2012 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
himabija
Can you please provide the screen shot of what you have done and what is the output?
Re: How to import dump into specific tablespace instead of default tablespace users. [message #539859 is a reply to message #539856] Wed, 18 January 2012 23:32 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Is this an old exp or a data pump dum file?

For the old export dump file, remove RESOURCE ad/or DBA role fro myour new user, remove all quota you granted to the new user, grant quota to only the new tablespace and simply import with imp.

For a data pump dump file, use REMAP_TABLESPACE option.

Notet hat a dump file is NOT a dtabase backup.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 18 January 2012 23:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Issue while Inserting Multiline Records from a CSV file (2 threads merged by bb)
Next Topic: Dump file generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 22:55:02 CDT 2024